meadowfield

I broke it

953 nut

It didn't break, it just presented you an opportunity to make it even more dependable by fabricating a chain guard!       :ychain:

:text-coolphotos:                The picture of C 4 conquering the gravel pile is great.    

• Like 5

meadowfield
1 minute ago, 953 nut said:

It didn't break, it just presented you an opportunity to make it even more dependable by fabricating a chain guard!       :ychain:

:text-coolphotos:                The picture of C 4 conquering the gravel pile is great.    

Ha, thanks - I have been looking at the picture and thinking I need to pull my finger out and make one!

• Like 3

AMC RULES

Ahhh, so nice, I wanted to post it again...

C0F3FDCA-A65B-42A5-A765-62FA6E4A85D2.jpeg.a8d3b49ee52b6a9d2d3c9ccfc96b199c.jpeg

Project C-4, my favorite Meadowfield creation....at least, to date it is.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

SylvanLakeWH

Beautiful picture!

peter lena

nice picture, I agree with 953 on opportunity to make a chain guard, that might also be a good time to use some CHAIN-CABLE LUBRICANT ON IT . and related movement points, pete

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

meadowfield
20 minutes ago, peter lena said:

nice picture, I agree with 953 on opportunity to make a chain guard, that might also be a good time to use some CHAIN-CABLE LUBRICANT ON IT . and related movement points, pete

Outa sight outa mind, I was almost too embarrassed to post the pic! Agree it needs to see some oil or grease!

• Like 2

Lee1977

I would think it's time for a new chain anyway. Might be a good idea to install a oil cup above it.

• Like 1

oliver2-44

To oil/grease a chain or run dry... a tough question!  When you machine is out playing in the dirt and mud an oiled chain can attract so much dirt the oil cab be the failure point.  I know I've seen modern steel cable that has the self lubricating Teflon/plastic between the cable lays.  i wonder if theirs some chain that utilizes some type of modern dry lubricating feature?

• Like 1

bc.gold

Probably an optical illusion but it appears that rear chain sprocket has reached its end of life stage and there may even be a few teeth pulled forward.

tooth.png

• Like 1

The Tuul Crib

That picture looks like a calendar shot to me!

• Like 1

meadowfield
On 2/18/2019 at 2:45 AM, bcgold said:

Probably an optical illusion but it appears that rear chain sprocket has reached its end of life stage and there may even be a few teeth pulled forward.

tooth.png

It was, the teeth profile are perfect, but rather than blunt, they do have points.

• Like 1

kick
On 2/17/2019 at 9:28 PM, oliver2-44 said:

To oil/grease a chain or run dry... a tough question!  When you machine is out playing in the dirt and mud an oiled chain can attract so much dirt the oil cab be the failure point.  I know I've seen modern steel cable that has the self lubricating Teflon/plastic between the cable lays.  i wonder if theirs some chain that utilizes some type of modern dry lubricating

feature?

You want to use motorcycle specific chain lubricants like bel ray super clean.  It’s chemically designed for off road environments.  Good stuff that I’ve been using for years on my dirtbike chains. 

• Like 2

Stormin

Just seen this. Does need a chainguard. Also something along the lines of a Scott oiler as used on motorcycles.

As for being embarrassed, Tyke.  :text-nocomment:

Edited by Stormin