dells68

Well, I’m going on a recovery mission in the morning.

Tractorhead

Great to hear he doing better.

• Thanks 1

953 nut
3 hours ago, dells68 said:

had to go on the local tv news show yesterday and embarrass myself

Image result for can I have your autograph?

• Haha 1

Ed Kennell
2 hours ago, dells68 said:

@pullstart Emory got a great report!  We’ve let him be off of his ADHD medicine for the summer and he’s gained 12+ pounds since his last dr visit.  His medicine normally curbs his appetite.  We go back in January.  Eating at Calhoun’s on the river in Knoxville now.  View from our table.

3AA1A49E-71EC-451F-8412-C85490CEA824.jpeg

Good to hear Emory is doing well.           Calhoun's Restaurant …..one of the things I miss since I retired.     I ate there often during the rehab of all the TVA hydro plants.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19richie66

We cut back my son’s adhd meds and he did the same thing. Gained weight, actually started being active again and did great in school. Took him off completely when he got in high school. Hated drugging my kid. Come to find out when he was Emory’s age, they were giving him double the dose he should have had. Wasn’t happy.

Edited by 19richie66
  • Sad 4

dells68

ADHD meds are a good thing, but definitely have their drawbacks and weight loss is one of the biggest.  Emory has to have it to focus during class, but we feel like summer is his time to be a kid.  I hope he can come off of them later as he matures.  He’ll be starting back in August.  I just hope he maintains his weight gain!

• Like 3

RandyLittrell

My wife and experienced the same thing. My son was very ADHD and when he went on meds he came home and said"Mom, I listened to my brain today!" He went off went he was a teen and struggled but made through school and is doing pretty good today. He could probably still use them, but gets by. My quit when she was a teen and has done great, her senior year was straight A's. Both gained weight, but have leveled out now. We have a friend who has to take them as an adult, he lost job after job until he did. Don't like the meds, but have there place.

Edited by RandyLittrell
  • Like 2