bottjernat1

My first grand baby!!

bottjernat1

I wanted to share my wife and i are so excited! Our oldest who just got married not to long ago is pregnant and due around july! This is our first grand baby! The time has flown by we are so happy! It seems not to long ago we were in high school and had our daughter ashley now she is having a baby. Where has time gone? Here is a couple photos the first is our daughter ashley sitting on( her's now) wheel horse 800 special. The picture was at the lagrange indiana gas and steam show tractor show many many years ago.The second is our daughter ashley and my great son in law kody. and the last is the happiest grandparents ever!

FB_IMG_1550103201326.jpg

20190213_165307.jpg

20190213_165937.jpg

Edited by bottjernat1
  • Like 3
  • Heart 6

JoeM

Congratulations!

That is a super feeling.

• Like 2

Sparky

Congrats!!!

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

:text-coolphotos:    Congratulations, and welcome to the wonderful world of Grandparenting.  

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH

All the best!

Does the new addition have his / her own :wh: Lawn Ranger yet?

• Like 1

bottjernat1

Now i have another excuse to by wheel horse stuff!! LOL

• Like 1

bottjernat1
Just now, SylvanLakeWH said:

All the best!

Does the new addition have his / her own :wh: Lawn Ranger yet?

not yet!

Kenneth R Cluley

Congrats, grandkids are the best, no better feeling than when the grandkids run up to hug you, unconditional love.

• Heart 2

oliver2-44
43 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

:text-coolphotos:    Congratulations, and welcome to the wonderful world of Grandparenting.  

Congratulations! we have 2 grandsons and fortunately they live nearby.  they are over almost every Sunday and we totally enjoy/spoil  them.   We are Nannie and grandpa to them...you have to start working on what they will call you. its part of the Grandparent role of honor.  This past Sunday the almost 3 yr old didn't each much Supper, so Mom said no dessert...Then Nannie got caught feeding him one of her freshly baked cookies under the table like a child would feed a dog. We laughed so hard as Nannie explained she just couldn't help help herself seeing the sad face he made!!!   You will truly enjoy moments like that.    Our son in New Jersey recently told us there expecting so that will be #3 grandchild and our first long distance one.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Kenneth R Cluley

My wife and I were referred to as "Firetruck Grandma and Grandpa" due to me being firefighter, sometimes they come up with their own name, I never really cared what they called me as long as they did.

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Thats great news, congratulations.  :happy-jumpeveryone:

Glenn

• Like 1

Stormin

Congratulations. :handgestures-thumbup: 

We've got 6. Three boys by the eldest daughter 27, 19, 17. One girl 12 and her brother 9 by the youngest daughter. Plus a boy 20 from her hubbies previous marriage.

The elder boys were often round here, riding the tractors and helping with things. Don't see much of them now as they're getting older. They soon grow up.

Edited by Stormin
  • Like 1

Ed Kennell
7 hours ago, oliver2-44 said:

you have to start working on what they will call you. its part of the Grandparent role of honor.    

As our first Grandson was being encouraged to say Grandma,  he kept saying umma instead.   A few years later we learned he had a slight speech problem that prevented him from making the hard gr sound.    The problem was eventually completely corrected with some professional coaching.      But the name Umma and Umpa stuck for my wife and I.

To this day, our four Grandsons, two Sons, two Daughter in laws, and all our immediate family call us Umma and Umpa.

The funny part is, one day a stranger heard my family  address me as Umpa, and asked me if I was from Germany. 

I learned the German name for Grandma and Grandpa is Oma and Opa.

So, that new Grandbaby may decide what your new names will be.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Daddy Don

Your whole life has just changed for the good. Have a great time for the grandkid because they grow up fast. I now have three and I would not take the world for them. The oldest is 15 and the young one is seven. Do all you can with them because they grow up so fast. :banana-jumprope:   

• Like 3

ClassicTractorProfessor

Congratulations

• Like 1