Jump to content
Ed Kennell

Grilling Tools

Recommended Posts

 
Sparky

Bummer!!

  It must have stunk up the house right?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Ed Kennell

Right Mike, she smelled them before they were well done.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
ebinmaine
13 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

Luckily,  every thing was cooked medium and not well done

Well at least there's that.

 

Interesting character marks on the DeWalt box.

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
953 nut

Ed, I don't think you will need to put your name on those tools when working on a group project, nobody is going to claim them anyway!        :ychain:

  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Mows4three

Holy mackerel Ed.   Those are some toasty tools.   Dog gone it.  

 

Dave

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
ACman

Ed If tried to sell them really cheap someone would really have to think how hot are this tools!  :hilarious: 

Edited by ACman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
The Tool Crib

Somtimers !!  :ROTF:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
squonk

I should keep my impact sockets in the oven. They get condensation on them and rust with the weather changes! :banana-wrench:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
953 nut
2 hours ago, squonk said:

I should keep my impact sockets in the oven. They get condensation on them and rust with the weather changes! :banana-wrench:

Lots of welders keep their rods in a "Rod Oven" to keep the flux from absorbing moisture. Insulate an old tool box and use a small ( 7 to 15 Watt) light bulb as a heat source (has to be  incandescent, LED won't work).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Jerry77
2 hours ago, 953 nut said:

rods in a "Rod Oven" to keep the flux from absorbing moisture.

I built a solid, filled seams wood box with a tight lid about 40 years ago on advice from another welder - rods keep perfectly without heat..I guess the wood absorbs the moisture...anyway, it works..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Ed Kennell

I could replace Mrs K's oven with one of these. Phoenix 1200200 Dry Rod Type 300 Bench Electrode Ovens, 400 lb, 120V/240V, Opt Thermometer, 18" Diameter x 19" Depth    Would make great blackberry  pies.

IMG_4574.JPG.ac5ee797d4e26467abc322ea3e385320.JPG

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
WHX22

I don't know if I should laugh or cry about this Ed. I have one of those Milwaukee lamps and they work pretty good.

Cindy was complaining about her oven not baking things right so I got out one of my good multimeters with the thermocouple probe to see how accurate the temps were.

I set it a little too close to the vent and it somewhat melted the meter! Still usable tho.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
wallfish
2 hours ago, WHX21 said:

I set it a little too close to the vent and it somewhat melted the meter! Still usable tho.

Well don't leave us hang'n, how accurate was the temp? And pics of your screw up would help too! :ychain:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Ed Kennell

Don't give him any sympathy John....I didn't get any for my screw up.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
squonk
8 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

I could replace Mrs K's oven with one of these. Phoenix 1200200 Dry Rod Type 300 Bench Electrode Ovens, 400 lb, 120V/240V, Opt Thermometer, 18" Diameter x 19" Depth    Would make great blackberry  pies.

IMG_4574.JPG.ac5ee797d4e26467abc322ea3e385320.JPG

Go big or go Home! :)

 

images.jpg.2272997a7e042fdce41819a29efaf2d2.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
bcgold
11 hours ago, Jerry77 said:

I built a solid, filled seams wood box with a tight lid about 40 years ago on advice from another welder - rods keep perfectly without heat..I guess the wood absorbs the moisture...anyway, it works..

 

Top quality machinists tool box all made from wood.

 

box.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
bcgold

Very fortunate she noticed before the oven got hot enough to explode the lithium ion battery.

 

Exploding lithium coin battery.

 

 

Edited by bcgold
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
WHX22
4 hours ago, wallfish said:

Well don't leave us hang'n, how accurate was the temp? And pics of your screw up would help too! :ychain:

It was way off 'fish ....and no way to recalibrate. Mums the word tho :hide: ..it woulda cost me tractor for a new stove. No pics tho, the  meter vibrated itself off a shelf above the air compressor and committed suicide. :blink:

3 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Don't give him any sympathy John....I didn't get any for my screw up.

Now Ed you know dang well you have all the sympathy from us in the world....just as soon as our bellies quit hurting! :laughing-rolling:

If it helps I get a pretty good contractor discount on Milwaukee stuff.. lemme know what you need! :)

 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
953 nut
3 hours ago, squonk said:

Go big or go Home! :)

    

images.jpg.2272997a7e042fdce41819a29efaf2d2.jpg

Mike, that is a steam boiler, not an oven!             I worked on those things years back.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
LengerichKA88

So this isn’t how I get new tools..... 🤔

 

Just out of curiosity, what did she set the oven to?

Edited by LengerichKA88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Ed Kennell

350 preheat.    I'm not sure how hot it got till she smelled the melting plastic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×