Sparky

2019 Show locked in!

elcamino/wheelhorse

The BBQ was good , the ride over with @squonkwas an adventure.

• Haha 3

19richie66

That was good BBQ👍

squonk
37 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

The BBQ was good , the ride over with @squonkwas an adventure.

Always is. Try riding with my wife. I say turn here and she goes straight!

• Haha 2

Pullstart

Question for those in the know...  I read there is no camping at the grounds until Thursday, something like we aren’t allowed in to find a site until 8 am?  Last year I stayed at Chambersburg Comfort Inn with the riff raff.  It seems that up the hill there was big rig trailer parking?  I wonder if I could park for the night and join y’all for the Wednesday Italian dinner?

CountryRock

I should probably look into booking a room for a few nights.  Don't want to wait until things are full. 

Sparky
2 hours ago, CountryRock said:

I should probably look into booking a room for a few nights.  Don't want to wait until things are full. 

Yep, rooms in the Gettysburg area fill up fast with the tourist crowd and Wheel Horse Show attendees.

Pullstart

Here are three pictures of celebration.  They mean that once I use the square stainless to build an 8’x8’ deck, 4 Wheel Horse machines can fit on top of Norman’s bed rails!  Having them on top means I’ll have space to cram whatever else I find that I “need” at the show!

1005BF9E-3E2F-4C97-B322-7BB5C0EEF5D0.jpeg

D8FC2484-0CDD-4C7C-990C-32DFC3C68202.jpeg

CEF56D36-3134-482E-8382-C3B38585014F.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart 1

19richie66

This I have to see. Not that I doubt your abilities. Seen them firsthand. :coffee:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

953 nut

Looks like they are all ready for a Square Dance!               Allemande left your partner.      :ychain:

D8FC2484-0CDD-4C7C-990C-32DFC3C68202.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Pullstart

Oh they’ll be dancing...  to get new stall partners at the show!  He who finds the most like friends wins!  Round hoods vs Square hoods...

• Haha 1

BPEisenhower

Hello all!! Where and when is this show? I got vacation time burning a hole in my calendar 😜  Would there be room for a tractor trailer? That's the smallest mode of covered transport I got 😫

953 nut
21 minutes ago, BPEisenhower said:

Hello all!! Where and when is this show? I got vacation time burning a hole in my calendar 😜  Would there be room for a tractor trailer? That's the smallest mode of covered transport I got 😫

Here is the flyer.1cvmfdd77_228290.pdf

BPEisenhower
5 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

Here is the flyer.1cvmfdd77_228290.pdf

Thank you 953!! Any suggestions as far as a hotel or throw caution to the wind and bring a tent... Either way I'm figuring out an excuse to shut down for a few days. Also, is it strictly WH? My wife to be and I have 30 LawnBoys we want to show sometime 😳

953 nut
5 minutes ago, BPEisenhower said:

Any suggestions as far as a hotel

Many of us will be staying at the Comfort Inn, 3648 Olde Scotland Road, Chambersburg. Others may chime in with other suggestions.

• Like 1

BPEisenhower
2 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

Many of us will be staying at the Comfort Inn, 3648 Olde Scotland Road, Chambersburg. Others may chime in with other suggestions.

Excellent 👍. Thank you so much for help. :D

• Like 2

wallfish
31 minutes ago, BPEisenhower said:

Also, is it strictly WH? My wife to be and I have 30 LawnBoys we want to show sometime 😳

This particular show is STRICKLY Wheel Horse. This actually makes it one of the best shows around as even the vendor area is WH only. It will not be filled with doilies, trinkets and junk, just Wheel Horse stuff.

They probably wouldn't appreciate you parking a semi in the main parking lot area but there is a huge field where a bunch of people park their trucks and trailers on the edge. There's enough room in that field for you to easily turn a wide 360 degrees around. Just might be a little bumpy though.

I'm sure if you search for engine and tractor shows in your area you will find plenty of places to display your lawnboy stuff. You can also share some pictures of them on here under the "other brands" section. I'd be interested in seeing them.

• Like 2

Cetan08

Wife and I are going to do our best to get there. Might end up being a very long day on Saturday. We may need to make a drive over and back the same day.

Critters and wife's work schedule are an issue for us.

squonk
3 hours ago, Cetan08 said:

Wife and I are going to do our best to get there. Might end up being a very long day on Saturday. We may need to make a drive over and back the same day.

Critters and wife's work schedule are an issue for us.

The show is mainly Friday. Things start packing up early Saturday. If the weather is bad Saturday isn't even worth being there except for a BS session in the pavilion and the raffle. I would hate for you to drive all that way Saturday and be disappointed. 

• Like 1