prondzy

HL5 lights

prondzy

Does anyone have before and after pics of HL5 lights with leds installed? How much more light do they cast over a filament bulb? Im working on a project and am trying to decide HL5 or aftermarket lights.

• Thanks 1

formariz

From someone who loves HL5 lights and owns quite a few here is my take on them. I only use them because they are the correct light for that period tractor and nothing else looks better on them. However as far as lighting efficiency goes they are not good. Light intensity and spread area is not good. That type of light is really a backup light, not really engineered for an efficient forward lighting unit.

If actual good lighting for night use is your intent, then I suggest another modern type engineered for that.

• Like 3

prondzy

Thanks @formariz, im not trying to see a 1/4 mile away its just a show cruiser. Im just wondering if putting an led inside makes the light a little brighter than stock or not and if someone has pictures of the light emitted 

rjg854

I don't have pictures of the difference between the two types of bulbs,  but the led bulbs are like night and day.  You'd be amazed at the difference of the led bulbs. And the led bulbs won't cost what new fixtures will,  and your tractor will retain it's originality. 

• Like 2

Jeff-C175
50 minutes ago, eglanchamp said:

I always buy on Amazon

You're imagining it, man.

Jeff-C175
51 minutes ago, eglanchamp said:

I shove LEDs everywhere

Define "everywhere"  :scared-eek:

Where's the spam though?  

Why are you replying to a thread that's over two years old now?