WHNJ701

mower deck storage

WHNJ701

I have about 12 mower decks from various garden tractors, if I was smart I would sell some off but if it came with the tractor I keep for when I sell the tractors down the road.  In the mean time I am trying come up with a simple way to store them all taking the least amount of space. something better than stacking them up in corner

just wondering what others do. 

peter lena

I have used a screw in eye bolts on wall studs  to tie off mower decks, usually use a stiff spring to ensure its place. the opportunity to scrape down the deck, and penetrating oil spraying it down while its standing over winter will ensure the rotting will stop. done this for years , it works. trying to minimize deck size is difficult, it would depend on how much area you have and what appeals to you. my smaller shed is wall lined with decks , that leaves the floor space open , on that wall eye bolt to spring, I made up a 1/4"  large hook that will grab onto the  lift frame on the deck, making a roll up and secure , easy, pete 

• Like 1

diesel cowboy

Member @cleat came up with this to store his.  If you don't have access to a set of forks to move it around you could put some locking caster wheels on it to make it mobile.   When I ever get some free time I was going to make a couple racks myself to hold the ones I have

• Like 1