Sign in to follow this  
fritz

They Keep coming in!!!!!!!

fritz

Well I got a craftsman the other day. I decided to sell it. But the guy I took it to wouldnt buy it right out. So what I did was trade him for a 1990 Toro Wheel Horse Classic 312 Hydro. I like the looks of it. But it needs cleaned up alittle. Also It has a 42 inch rear discharge deck wkith hydrolic lift!!!!!!!!!!! I love it. it needs some work. As it dont run right now. it needs a feul pump, and the carberator put back together but I think it was worth it!!!! I think I might actually try to keep it around!!!! So my fleet is going to be: 1076 for toy!!, raider 8 36 inch rear discharge, c160 42 inch side discharge, 312 rear discharge and blade. I am going to be able to do anything I need done. Now I just got to find an 8 hp kohler for my raider 8.

Qustion time!!!!!

Is the diffrence between 312 hydro and 312 A, The fact that hydro has the hydrolic lift and the A only has manual lift??? I searched for it and I never found out. :omg:

Are the engines on a 312 hydro cast iron? and with 432 hours on it should it last for a lot longer??

How do I get a little dent out of the ripples in the hood??

Thank you every one.

Devin

Rollerman

Devin the 312H has the heavier Eaton 1100 hydrostatic pump..the tractor also should have 8" front rims/bigger tires & able to use ground engageing equipment like a tiller.

Just a little heavier tractor than a 312A.

The 312A has a lighter Eaton 700 hydrostatic pump, uses smaller rims in front & slightly smaller tires all the way around.

The Eaton 700 pump doesn't have a hyd lift provision like it's big brother the 1100.

Also the 312A wasn't ment to be used with "ground engageing equipment"

Kelly

Nice deal Fritz, and thanks Tick. I learn something almost every day

Operator

Thanks Rollerman, I also am learning , This place is great.

Devin, Nice trade, :omg:

Randy

past7971

Trading the Craftsman for the 312 definitely sounds like a winner to me :omg: Yes, your engine is cast-iron and if it has been maintained at all should give you many more years of good service. As far as little dents, if you can find something to act as a dolley on back side of dent, you should be able to straighten them back out. Trying using something like a hard rubber, plastic or leather mallet to try preventing paint damage from steel hammer. As far as an engine for your Raider 8--Have you considered using the engine off your B-80 you are trying to sell in Classifieds section? I wouldn't mind buying a few you have for sale but your about 400 miles away from me. Dont see those Raider 8's too often and I like how they have the 8-speed and longer frame. Sounds like your getting quite the "herd" rounded up there and have just about every era of Wheel Horse production covered. Take care

fritz

Well thank you for your help Mr. Rollerman. I cant wait till I can start working on my 312. I did think about taking the 8 hp kohler off of the B80 but That is a complete tractor. And I think that wouldnt be the right thing to do. so if I cant get a good running 8 hp kohler and a tower for my raider 8 I would prefer to do that than use the one on the b80. but if I cant sell my b80 or trade it for what I need then I will. but I think I should give the b80 a chance to still be whole first.

qustion time again

Are 308 8's rare?? I am going to try to get one. But I didnt know weather I should get it or not.

where is the realease thing for the hydrostatic transmission?? It rolls but I cant find where to turn them on.

where could I find the steering wheel cap thing. It looks like just cheap plastic??

Thank you every one!!!

Devin

Rollerman

Devin I don't think the 308-8 speeds are rare, just not as popular as the higher horsepower tractors that were becomeing more common place at the time.

So probably less of them produced/sold say compared to your new 312H.

Now your hydro question....are you reffering to your 312H?

Eaton hydros don't have a tow valve.

You move the direction control lever the direction you need to move it....& move them carefully.

All Sundstrand hydros have a tow valve either on the back of the hydro pump in the tool box area on earlier models.

Or on the side of the pump near where you would find the drum brake.

fritz

ahh I c. So when the thing is in neutral then it will roll. but when I put it in foward or reverse it wont?? I will be right back. I am going to try it out.

okay well I tried it and it rools no matter what?? So I am guessing it will drive when i get the engine going?? I hope so. thank you for your help.

Devin

kpinnc

Eaton hydros don't have a tow valve.

Some of the 700 series had tow valves, but I know that doesn't apply here.

They were a real pain too, as they were spring loaded closed and in a very difficult place to serve much use. In other words, you have to hold them in the entire time you are towing the tractor. They were on the pump itself, which is a bit of a pain to get to on a Wheel Horse.

Kevin