Dan693

Tech 6.5 HP Oil Leak

Dan693

Hey All,

Thought I would get any info from the guys that know.....

A small amount of oil seems to be coming out of the valve cover vent on my 66 LR. I have bypassed the governor and run it medium hard when plowing but careful not to rev too hard or too long.

The engine is a little newer than the tractor and runs perfect. No smoke and runs very strong.

Oil full and clean.

Any thoughts on this issue and what may be causing it to leak out of the valve cover breather tube?

The oil spot can be seen on the floor after plowing for a couple of hours,

I'm actually not worried about it that much but always good to find out.

Thx

20190117_170848.jpg

Terry M

You mention that the oil is "FULL"...You May be running the oil level a bit too high. On the Tecumsehs like yours, If it's at the fullest mark on the dip stick, that could be whats happening. Keep the level in the middle of the "safe" level area on the dipstick.

By-passing the governor on those engines is not a good thing to do(and maybe could be part of the reason for the oil leak)...be carefull   :) . 

Howie

You will get that when you bypass the governor. The H-60 I have the thread on will do that. Can run the oil maybe down to

the add mark and it will help some because there is less in there. Extra rpm kicks the oil around a bunch. Go cart people

run a hose to a vented catch tank to catch the oil.

• Like 1

pfrederi

Unlike Kohlers Techys read the dipstick after it is screwed all the way in.  If you check it Kohler style you will be overfull.