Mows4three

Favorite weekend breakfast

Mows4three
5 minutes ago, oliver2-44 said:

All this talk, got me thinking of Birds Nest Breakfast.  I was a Scout Leader of various titles for many years and taught boys to make this large Dutch Oven style breakfast for cookig competitions. 

Start  by browning 2 lbs if pork sausage in a Dutch Oven. Then add 1 or 2 lbs if potato strings and brown. Next add 12 to 18 eggs and scramble. For the final judges “presentation” touch cook 3 eggs over easy on top and there your birds nest.  Feeds about 6-8 hungry boys

Hey Jim,

It's been a long time since I was a Scout and my son was active in Scouting, but I forgot all about the Birds Nest Breakfast.   We also made bacon and eggs in a paper bag right on the grey ash over hot coals.   

Thanks for the trip back in time!!!

• Like 2

Mows4three

How about "Bullseye Eggs?"   Anybody ever make them for your Scouts or kids at home?

IMG_4901.JPG

• Like 2

Pullstart
14 minutes ago, oliver2-44 said:

All this talk, got me thinking of Birds Nest Breakfast.  I was a Scout Leader of various titles for many years and taught boys to make this large Dutch Oven style breakfast for cookig competitions. 

Start  by browning 2 lbs if pork sausage in a Dutch Oven. Then add 1 or 2 lbs if potato strings and brown. Next add 12 to 18 eggs and scramble. For the final judges “presentation” touch cook 3 eggs over easy on top and there your birds nest.  Feeds about 6-8 hungry boys.

9 minutes ago, WHX21 said:

What the he double hockey sticks Ollie ..I just got eight posts of that! You must be hungry. .. best get a snickers...:lol:

I’m a hungry boy!  You can feed me!  I’ll be in PA at the Big Show in June, if ya ain’t busy!

• Thanks 1

WHX??

Which kinda reminds me at tractor shows we put wisked eggs and fixins into a zip lock bag then boil them..out comes a Denver omlet! 

Bulleyes... now thers another ole fav Mows... I'll  raise my hand at havin done that!

Heck with you Kev...on the keto you can't have bread... I'll take your share!

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

WHX??

Ok Kev Cindy's  on the keto and just told me you can have bread with almond or coconut flour...what the ??? ..'cuse me whilst I die fat  on Mows fixins!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Pullstart
2 minutes ago, WHX21 said:

Ok Kev Cindy's  on the keto and just told me you can have bread with almond or coconut flour...what the ??? ..'cuse me whilst I die fat  on Mows fixins!

Well, I can keto some other time, I’m about to go eat a loaf of white bread on my way to the bakery to get cinnamon donuts.  That’ll hold me over till I get to Ollie’s fire and eat some sticks to the ribs country breakfast!

• Haha 4

Pullstart

Which brings me to my next point.  Anyone up for a potluck breakfast at the Big Show campground?  As mentioned, we could cover the eggs, I’m sure!

• Like 1

WHX??

Bout time for a pic here....So working in a sheet metal fab shop I made these for homemade egg mcwhx's.....stainless rings the perfect size for an egg mcstuffer! :lol:

20190114_205130.jpg

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

WHX??
12 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Which brings me to my next point.  Anyone up for a potluck breakfast at the Big Show campground?  As mentioned, we could cover the eggs, I’m sure!

I wanna be ther when you tell the church group selling the mcstuffers your on the  keto can they accomodate you.......pic would be priceless...Cindy also says no :beer:...dibs on your share!

• Like 1

Pullstart

I said low carbs Jim... not no carbs.  That just means less :orcs-cheers: than last week, that’s all.  :ROTF:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

WHX??

Ok... I'll bring unleaded  lite beer and no English muff on your slider... hear tell apple cobbler has got alot of carburetors too so I'll take that share as well :lol:

• Like 1

Pullstart
8 hours ago, WHX21 said:

Ok... I'll bring unleaded  lite beer and no English muff on your slider... hear tell apple cobbler has got alot of carburetors too so I'll take that share as well :lol:

“I promise Uncle Jim, I’ll work real hard and make room for cobbler!” said Tiny Tim’s little brother Pullstart.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mows4three
9 hours ago, WHX21 said:

Bout time for a pic here....So working in a sheet metal fab shop I made these for homemade egg mcwhx's.....stainless rings the perfect size for an egg mcstuffer! :lol:

20190114_205130.jpg

Thise are awesome!   Have you tried them out yet?

Dave

• Like 2

The Tuul Crib
12 hours ago, WHX21 said:

Which kinda reminds me at tractor shows we put wisked eggs and fixins into a zip lock bag then boil them..out comes a Denver omlet! 

Bulleyes... now thers another ole fav Mows... I'll  raise my hand at havin done that!

Heck with you Kev...on the keto you can't have bread... I'll take your share!

Fixins !!?? That's what we have here in the south! Goes along with grits!

• Haha 1

WHX??
5 hours ago, Mows4three said:

Thise are awesome!   Have you tried them out yet?

Dave

Yup ... many times... I did some work for a guy who worked at a place where they make English muffins,   He was pleased with the work so he gave me a whole case of them. I thought what the heck am I gonna do with all of these? So breakfast sandwiches it is. A patty of Jimmy Dean's and a slice of cheese... delish!

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

wh500special

Breakfast is the easiest meal to get right.  So many good options and hardly any of them take any real effort or concentration to prepare.

Weekend breakfast for me:

Steel cut oats (oatmeal) with garlic, onion, eggs, and Parmesan cheese.  During the last 7-10 minutes of the oats cooking, crack the eggs right in the pot on top of them, stick a lid on (usually I use my plate) and let them poach.

- or -

Toast with olive oil, black pepper, sauteed spinach (or kale) and a poached egg.

Steve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

LengerichKA88
18 hours ago, WHX21 said:

Does the type of apple have any bearing on what the carburetors will fit? :ychain:

• Haha 1

RandyLittrell

Biscuits and gravy are my favorite and I like to make my gravy with some GOOD chorizo! There is a meat shop thats been around forever and I buy my chorizo there, one day he suggested I make gravy with it,

and I have been hooked ever since!! 

I also like crispy hashbrowns with a couple of over easy eggs on top smothered with hot sauce! I prefer cholula!!

Randy

Edited by RandyLittrell
  • Like 3

Mows4three
13 minutes ago, RandyLittrell said:

Biscuits and gravy are my favorite and I like to make my gravy with some GOOD chorizo! There is a meat shop thats been around forever and I buy my chorizo there, one day he suggested I make gravy with it,

and I have been hooked ever since!! 

I also like crispy hashbrowns with a couple of over easy eggs on top smothered with hot sauce! I prefer cholula!!

Randy

I cant argue with any of that breakfast, Randy!   Sounds good.  Chorizo gravy, huh?  Gotta try that.

Dave

• Like 3

WHX??
4 hours ago, KyleLengerich said:

Does the type of apple have any bearing on what the carburetors will fit? :ychain:

Well yahhh ..gotta make sure the right bolt pattern!

Forgot about  the chorizo thing Randy.... real good with scrambled  too! :handgestures-thumbupright:

Funny you should bring up about the hot sauce.... pretty common to have a little tobacco....  err tobasco...with eggs.....:handgestures-thumbupright:

Hope your happy Mows ...you gonna have me eating breakfast for supper for a few days now!

Edited by WHX21
Friction speel check
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mows4three

Jim:  

Know what you mean.  It's the most important meal of the day.  

I'm going to wander over to the Youngstown Grille on Thursday to meet a friend and get me a 1-2-3.   My lips are smacking already. 

Cheers!

Dave

• Like 1

Daron1965
On 1/14/2019 at 8:49 PM, Mows4three said:

Hey Kyle, 

We have a place in Beaver Falls, PA named Orams Bakery.  They make the best cinnamon doughnuts in the Pittsburgh area, and HUGE ones at that. Over 6" in diameter. 

We go there about once once a year and treat (gorge) ourselves on the pastries.  It's a very popular place. In the summer time there is a line 100' down the block waiting for doughnuts.  My wife and I were there once and we got the last four cinnamon doughnuts.  We got stares from the people behind us that would have cut down a mere mortal man.   We got into the old sedan and hightailed it out of town as fast as the four-cylinder turbo would haul us!  

Here is a photo of these puppies.   They can only put six in a box and can't put a lid on them.  They really are amazing.

Cheers!

Dave

IMG_4900.JPG

Being born and spending most of my life in Beaver County,  I must agree about Orams Cinnamon rolls.  They are a monthly treat for my wife and I.  They sell out of everything on the car cruise day in about a hour or so.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mows4three

Plans changed today.   Had to travel to Somerset, PA for a meeting.   Took my breakfast at the Summit Diner, just off the Somerset Exit of the Pennsylvania Turnpike.  They make their own homemade sausage patties.  Two 6" patties to an order. 

Had a shortstack of pancakes, two eggs over easy and an order of sausage.  Hot coffee and a smile to go with it.  

This location should be familiar to Ed Kennell.   

Good eats.

Cheers!

Dave

IMG_8199.jpg

IMG_8197.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ed Kennell

Nope, neve been in the Summit Dave.   I spent most of my time in the Southern end of the County.    Looks and sounds good though.  If I am ever in the area, I'll stop in.

Mows4three
1 minute ago, Ed Kennell said:

Nope, neve been in the Summit Dave.   I spent most of my time in the Southern end of the County.    Looks and sounds good though.  If I am ever in the area, I'll stop in.

I can highly recommend it...!