Mows4three

Favorite weekend breakfast

Razorback

A nice chunk of sirloin, some eggs, hash browns, OJ, and coffee...... maybe a side of biscuits and gravy!

Edited by Razorback
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

oliver2-44

Forget all that eggs and bacon, my favorite is the excellent Czech Poppy Seed Kolache's and Pig In the Blankets from Weikel's Bakery, La Grange Tx

OK, I do like my eggs and bacon too!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ed Kennell
4 hours ago, OILUJ52 said:

Sometime we have breakfast for dinner.

Mrs. K takes her Mother (94) shopping and for groceries and an early dinner every Thursday.   So I am in charge of my own dinner which is usually my special refrigerator omelet.

Anything in the fridge that is not covered with mold goes in the omelet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Stormin
8 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Sounds like a bunch of overweight old women here.

Speak for yourself. :teasing-poke: :P

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

squonk
10 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

The "SAMPLER"  at the Loins Pride Restaurant  in Red Lion, Pa.     

Two brown eggs over easy

Well done home fries

Two sausage links

Two strips o bacon

A small ham steak

One home made biscuit

Smothered in sausage gravy

Endless coffee

I order this once every three months.     Always the Sunday following my quarterly check up with my cardiologist.

How's the family Dave? 

Just curious Ed Dog, Is it Loins Pride or Lions Pride. I can't believe they named it Loins! :)

• Haha 1

charging10

We like anything Cracker Barrel has on breakfast menu, but its about 40 minute drive , worth it to us,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

953 nut
18 minutes ago, charging10 said:

We like anything Cracker Barrel has on breakfast menu, but its about 40 minute drive , worth it to us,

:text-yeahthat:        Gotta go along with that, the sausage patties there are Sooooo Gooooood!              :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Thanks 1

Pullstart

This morning’s breakfast is venison burger scrambled eggs!  And bottomless coffee, of course!

90F8ADCF-CA3C-4EA9-9203-D34898D81662.jpeg

0D4FED25-752B-4AA5-ADDE-52BA58742470.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 3
  • Thanks 1

Ed Kennell
3 hours ago, squonk said:

That would be Lions Pride Mike.  Loins Pride doesn't make much cents

. Why did HP make these little keys so close together? :confusion-confused:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Ed Kennell
5 hours ago, Stormin said:

overweight    old women

Speak for yourself. :teasing-poke: :P

Not me Norm, I weigh in at 176lbs.

I was referring to these other Blokes.

BTW, when are the "black pudding" lovers gonna chime in?

When I worked up north in Ffestiniog, Wales for a couple months a few years back, I ate it every morning.

• Thanks 1

Stormin

Ahh! Black pudding. :techie-eatcursor: When I was a very young lad, my mother would get a big black pudding sausage from Southport market. She'd boil it. If I happen to be away from home in a B&B, I'll have a cooked breakfast. Bacon, eggs, fried bread and fried black pudding if available. :handgestures-thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

stevasaurus

We used to have the little breakfast place in Algonquin, Illinois.  It was named Lang's and it was hard to get a seat

with all the phone and ComEd guys in there.  Most were there for what Lang's called Garbage Potatoes....a stir fry with potatoes, onions, green peppers, mushrooms, cut up sausage links, pieces of ham, and chopped bacon.  You could order eggs on the top and with wheat toast and a bottle of soy sauce...it was to die for...and a special bonus...you would taste it all day.  :bow-blue:  :occasion-xmas:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

LengerichKA88

Now I’m hungry...

Breakfast is the favorite meal of the day in this house, but I don’t eat in the mornings (health issues keep my stomach upset for the first few hours of being awake), so we usually have it for dinner. 

My all time favorite is as big as I can get Country Fried steak with gravy, Home fries or hash browns, crispy with gravy. 3-5 eggs, fried hard, with black coffee. 

“Gravy” (as it varies from region to region 😂) is white Country Gravy. 

My favorite in the terms of fondest would be Longs Donuts. Long’s is a local bakery here in Indianapolis. They have several locations, but the West side (16th and Lafayette Rd.) is the best, and the one we went to as a kid. We didn’t have much disposable income growing up, so it was few and far between and a big deal when we got Longs. 

Another mom and pop shop opened up(since closed) and we started going there because it was a bit closer.  Dad would get a box of donut holes and a dozen assorted. We didn’t usually eat till dinner time when he did that. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

WHX??

Good thread Mows... now I'm hungry too! Bfast is my favorite meal althought I seldom eat it. Mostly on weekends when things are a bit more relaxed. That said CB hash under a couple over easy, Americans or hash browns on the side.  Biscuits/gravy and French toast with a lb of thick sliced pepper bacon  for desert! OH and chicken fried steak! :lol:

Black pudding doesn't sound good Norm...what's in it? When I was stationed on your side of the pond it was scones and the ever present tea!

Edited by WHX21
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

LengerichKA88
28 minutes ago, WHX21 said:

Black pudding doesn't sound good Norm...what's in it? When I was stationed on your side of the pond it was scones and the ever present tea!

The description sounds better than the actual name 😂 I love blood sausage. 

FB6E30A3-6976-44E5-8E24-CD46C3297D6D.png

Edited by KyleLengerich
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Stormin

Thanks Kyle. Saved me the bother of explaining. :thumbs:

WHX21 (Dan?) You must have been stationed at the posh end of the country. :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

WHX??

Jim Norm... Dan's My tractorin and drinkin buddy! :beer: It was a little to the north of you by the Firth of Clyde....with trips into Glasgow to act like a sailor! :lol: 

Ya know I might have had some once,  a fish & chip shop in  Scotland was offering it breaded and deep fried once.

Thanks for the wiki Kyle...heres something else I learned

Since the 1980s, the World Black Pudding Throwing Championships has been held in Ramsbottom.[26] The humorous competition invokes the traditional Lancashire – Yorkshire rivalry, with participants throwing the black puddings at piles of Yorkshire puddings.[27] It takes place annually in September, and draws thousands of competitors and spectators to the town.[

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Terry M
On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 12:32 PM, stevasaurus said:

My favorite breakfast has always been...bacon (not too crisp),

I remember your Bacon Steve...Good stuff!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mows4three
6 hours ago, KyleLengerich said:

My favorite in the terms of fondest would be Longs Donuts. Long’s is a local bakery here in Indianapolis. They have several locations, but the West side (16th and Lafayette Rd.) is the best, and the one we went to as a kid. We didn’t have much disposable income growing up, so it was few and far between and a big deal when we got Longs

Hey Kyle, 

We have a place in Beaver Falls, PA named Orams Bakery.  They make the best cinnamon doughnuts in the Pittsburgh area, and HUGE ones at that. Over 6" in diameter. 

We go there about once once a year and treat (gorge) ourselves on the pastries.  It's a very popular place. In the summer time there is a line 100' down the block waiting for doughnuts.  My wife and I were there once and we got the last four cinnamon doughnuts.  We got stares from the people behind us that would have cut down a mere mortal man.   We got into the old sedan and hightailed it out of town as fast as the four-cylinder turbo would haul us!  

Here is a photo of these puppies.   They can only put six in a box and can't put a lid on them.  They really are amazing.

Cheers!

Dave

IMG_4900.JPG

Edited by Mows4three
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 1

WHX??

I'd have to have two gallons of milk and four gallons of coffee to wash them bad boys down Mows!

Hey how come nobody's mentioned bloody Mary's yet to wash things down!?!?! 

I'll take mine loaded thank you!

20151101_125114.jpg

Edited by WHX21
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Mows4three
13 hours ago, pullstart said:

This morning’s breakfast is venison burger scrambled eggs!  And bottomless coffee, of course!

My wife thinks I'm crazy but I love to crumble a slice of her left over meatloaf into a skillet, brown it up a bit, them crack three eggs over it and turn them once.   Served on toasted wheat bread with a slice of smoked Gouda, its worth a king's ransom. Good stuff.  And strong coffee to go with it.   I like it so strong that sailors turn up their noses!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Mows4three
2 minutes ago, WHX21 said:

I'd have to have two gallons of milk and four gallons of coffee to wash them bad boys down Mows!

Yeah, buddy!   That's what I'm talking about!

WHX??

She make good meatloaf??? Sounds good!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mows4three

The best meatloaf ever.   Actually, it's better than my mother's meatloaf.  Please don't go telling her I said that...!

We are fortunate to have a couple good local meat markets that kill their own beef and hogs.   Fresh is never an issue.   Nancy gets her ground beef from the one on Crabtree, PA.  Buys "double ground" beef.   

Her recipe comes from a woman that had a Pittsburgh cable show for years and specialized in regional comfort foods. Meatloaf was just one of dozens of good recipes Nancy picked up from her show.  

Dang.   I'm getting a hankerin' for meatloaf, again.  

• Haha 2

oliver2-44

All this talk, got me thinking of Birds Nest Breakfast.  I was a Scout Leader of various titles for many years and taught boys to make this large Dutch Oven style breakfast for cookig competitions. 

Start  by browning 2 lbs if pork sausage in a Dutch Oven. Then add 1 or 2 lbs if potato strings and brown. Next add 12 to 18 eggs and scramble. For the final judges “presentation” touch cook 3 eggs over easy on top and there your birds nest.  Feeds about 6-8 hungry boys

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1