dkg520

Kohler fuel pump

dkg520

Need a little help with this.   The fuel pump on my newly purchased 1978 C-81 was not pumping fuel.  So when I took it off it appeared to me that maybe the previous owner had taken it off also.  So I ordered a rebuilt kit and the kit came with more parts and seals that what I found in the pump when I removed it. I took plenty of pictures as I dismantled it but I’m not sure all of the original parts and seals were present.  Does anyone have a diagram or video that may help me.  Thank you all

953 nut

The kits from most after market suppliers fit old and new style pumps. Here are pictures of three types pf pumps. The pump on the left is an early style pump that was used prior to 1966, two springs and round disks are used to rebuild the check valves. The one in the center is metal bodied pump and the one on the right is plastic bodied. Both use replaceable check valves that are similar and I think the kits contain one that in be used in either one. Be sure the check valves go in the correct hole or they will pump backward. Hang on to any parts you don't use in your rebuild, someone else may be able to use them.

149717540_kohlerfuelpumps003.JPG.e14762ccbe87c723859bb57e6e63a0d4.JPG

• Like 1