Firebug

Dee stone tires

Firebug

Just wanted to see if anyone had any experience with these tires. How they hold up etc. thinking of putting them on my c 160 plow project. Reading over the specs it said the section width is 4.2 with a rim width of 3. That’s a lot narrower than the stock rim width. I have seen videos of people cutting the rims to narrow or widen them, but that seems like a pia. Not sure what other rim options I have.  I’m also thinking of filling them, and having a weight bracket off the front. 

20E488AF-7299-46D4-B732-A4187D3C5E9A.png

Firebug

Should have specified, that will have a dedicated brinley plow off the back, not a snow plow off the front

Dirtdog524

I haven't used the tri-rib tires but i do use the Ag tire Deestone and i am really satisfied. I am going on 4 years with these and they wear fine as well as have a good bite for snow removal. I would endorse them.

• Like 2

Lee1977

I just put a set on my 312 on 3" wide rims. I like them makes steering a lot easer. I also used the 312 spindles for the 6" rims .I had reinforced them a couple years back. I have  25 x 900 x 12  All trail II on the back that I raised the fender bracket, gas tank, and rear fender. The front rim were WH trailer rims I had to take 3/4" width off the hub to make them fit. I chose to take it off the out side to make a wider stance.

SAM-0868.jpg

SAM-0872.jpg

Edited by Lee1977
Add information
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

The Tuul Crib
1 hour ago, Firebug said:

Should have specified, that will have a dedicated brinley plow off the back, not a snow plow off the front

these are destone and they work for me

IMG_4831.JPG

• Like 1

Mike'sHorseBarn

I have deestone tri ribs on a 1076 and I think they are great. They really look good and work well, makes steering much easier. They won't work on those wide C160 rims, but firestone does make a tri rib in the correct size, it's just very expensive. You can get a set of the narrow wheel horse rims fairly cheap and swap spindles with an older machine if you want to go a cheaper route. 

• Like 2

Firebug

I like the way those look. I’ll have to start looking for the narrow rims. Those rims have a smaller Id I take so a spindle swap is also in order? What are the 3 inch rims you put on your 312? Original wheel horse rims?

Firebug

Sorry, I just reread that and saw they are wheel horse trailer rims

Achto

I'm running those on my plow tractor with the stock rims.

DSCN2485-min.JPG.60d547c87faf6fbd4af8ee2fe7a55a52.JPG

• Like 4

Pullstart

I’ve got them on Putt Putt, Deestones front and rear.

E48A76C7-C60D-45FA-B0BE-C57A627B312A.jpeg

2A06E6F7-3D1A-4510-9036-07D82D75C0D8.jpeg

Lee1977
2 hours ago, Firebug said:

I like the way those look. I’ll have to start looking for the narrow rims. Those rims have a smaller Id I take so a spindle swap is also in order? What are the 3 inch rims you put on your 312? Original wheel horse rims?

They were 3/4" ID  bushings in the rims I changed to 3/4" bearings. The hubs were 4 1/2" long we chucked them in the lathe and took off 3/4" to make them 3 3/4" long to fit on the 312 spindles.The 312 came wirh the little 6" rims and smaller tires. The 4 1/2" and 3 3/4" measurements were taken with the bearings installed to the out side of the bearings.

SAM-0867.jpg

Edited by Lee1977
  • Like 1

Firebug

Achto that is exactly what I’m looking to do with mine, and that look

• Like 1

WHX??
4 hours ago, Mike'sHorseBarn said:

They won't work on those wide C160 rims, but firestone does make a tri rib in the correct size,

Mike is correct on the wider rims they will work but look goofy. He is spot on about the Firestones and is the only thing I would put on a beast of a C160 dang the cost.

Miller tire is the only place you can get them and they are quite proud of them. In fact darn near the only place you can get a 16/6.50-8 tire these days is Miller.

http://www.millertire.com/products/lawn-garden-tires/16x6-50-8/16x6-50-8-firestone-3-rib-front-4-ply/

I got these used for a little less than Miller from a fellow member. they are mounted on standard rims and look a little balloonish  but not bad.

I do have the Dees on my regular plow rig just like Dan's above with good results.

20170302_190422.jpg

20170822_121047.jpg

Edited by WHX21
  • Like 6

WHX??

20170225_170106.jpg

Sparky

Can’t speak positive or negative about the Deestone tri-ribs, but I have used their AGs and wasnt to impressed with the size. Mine are supposed to be 23/8.50’s but they are both shorter and narrower. 

For that reason I would look at a different brand if I was in the market for rear AG tires. 

Again, I have no experience with their tri-ribs.

JoeM

The AG tires run smaller to size, 10.50's are closer to 8.50's. I have two sets mounted on two different FEL's and they have been pretty good. Only issue was one of the tires leaked slowly at the bead and I resealed it (re-popped), and it was never an issue again. Not sure if I didn't get it right the first time. They were pretty stiff being 6 ply. I have tortured them and have held up fine.

I have a set of tri-rib but have not used them enough to comment.

The brand seems good.

WHX??
16 hours ago, Sparky said:

Mine are supposed to be 23/8.50’s but they are both shorter and narrower.

Aren't those Dees 23/10.5 you have on the back of yours Dan @Achto ? They don't appear to short or narrow to me? The rears on mine are Carlise tru-powers and seemed a little narrow but they are only 8.50's on the stock 1067 :wh: rims. Again a little $$ @ 100 a piece. 23/10.50's go for about a buck and a quarter. Very hard rubber, two seasons of use in the furrow and lots of running around at shows on gravel and asphalt and nubbies barely wore off.

16 hours ago, OILUJ52 said:

one of the tires leaked slowly at the bead and I resealed it

I had the same problem with the Firestone fronts. Only way to keep from losing air was to keep them at 16 psi or better but then they are hard as a rock. I prefer to run them at 10 lbs but are sure to leak at the bead and if the tractor sits they flat spot.  Bead sealer helped but did not cure the issue. Probably caused by too small a rim. Tubes would fix everything.  I'll live with it for now but keep the air chuck handy.

• Like 1

Achto
2 hours ago, WHX21 said:

Aren't those Dees 23/10.5 you have on the back of yours Dan @Achto ?

No, those are Carlise's 8.50's on the back of mine. They are an older version of the Tru-Power's

• Like 1