ClassicTractorProfessor

Be careful if you use space heaters this time of year

ClassicTractorProfessor

Been meaning to post these for a few days now. This happened a couple weeks ago, got woke up by the Fire/EMS tones on the radio at 130 in the morning, set up to listen if it was a wreck, turned out to be a house fire so I started to lay back down, when the address clicked in my head...this used to be my house that a good friend of mine bought right after we moved out of it. Jumped in the pickup and actually beat the fire dept there by 8 minutes. Don had started remodeling this place but had come to a standstill due to cancer. Last winter he and I had to replace some water lines due to them freezing, so this year he bought a small heater and placed it in the middle of the house and turned it on low just to keep it above freezing. There was nothing combustible in the room anywhere near where the heater was, best we can figure is it overloaded the old wiring in the house and caught fire. 

So please everyone if you use any type of space heater please be careful and mindful of the dangers associated with them, while he lost a good deal of money and tools in this incident, it could have been much worse had someone been living in the house. 

20181208_032909.jpg

20181208_032940.jpg

20181208_033109.jpg

20181208_041609.jpg

20181208_104945.jpg

20181208_105007.jpg

20181208_105025.jpg

20181208_105036.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 7

953 nut

Also, if you use any type of fossil fueled heater in your shop be sure to have carbon-monoxide detector.

• Like 4

ClassicTractorProfessor
5 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

Also, if you use any type of fossil fueled heater in your shop be sure to have carbon-monoxide detector.

Another very good point, and a reminder that I need to get one for my shop

• Like 3

ebinmaine
9 hours ago, Professor1990 said:

Another very good point, and a reminder that I need to get one for my shop

Before you work out there again... Would be the best day for that.

• Like 1