WHX??

Prayers for Wheelhorseman & Family

Razorback

Awesome to hear the news! We WILL continue to pray!

• Like 3

PeacemakerJack

Thank you Joette for the update.

Way to go Scottie for standing and walking.  I know it is not going to be easy but I hope that you take courage and keep at it. Moving as much as you can will not only help physically but also mentally.  The mind feels much more rejuvenated when we get up and move around some.   We as a family and a TeenGroup will continue to pray for healing, successful surgery, and strength during the recovery. Be Strong buddy!

We also will will be praying for Bryan as he is winding down his senior year toward graduation. That is always a busy time and goes by in a heartbeat!  I hope that he will be able to accomplish the necessary work and make some positive memories in the process. 

• Like 3

rmaynard

So glad to hear. Thanks for the update. Still hoping to see Scottie at the big show.

• Like 3

Sarge

We've been wondering how things were going but didn't want to pry - thanks for the update and we'll continue to keep the boys in our thoughts. 

Stay in touch, and if there is anything we can help with - just holler.

Sarge

• Like 2

WHX??

:text-yeahthat:

• Like 1

Chris G

Well the prayers are definitely continued. But I'm glad to hear thing are looking up for everyone. I hope and pray that all continues on a good path. 

• Like 1

pfrederi

Thank you so much for the update.  Lets Scottie know all of of us are pulling for him!!!

• Like 1

dells68

Great to hear he’s doing well.  With the type of personality and attitude he has, nothing can stand in his way to a full recovery!

• Like 1

ACman

Good to hear :handgestures-thumbupright: been wondering how things have been going . You stay on top of those doctors as there is no stupid questions . Always here if need to talk just PM or call anytime .

• Like 1

Razorback

Thank you for the update.

I was thinking of and praying for your family while my backside was in the seat of our C160! 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Sparky

Appreciate the very detailed update. It’s an incredible journey you are all on. 

• Like 2

ACman

Still praying for Scottie and your family. Keep pushing and don’t give up :handgestures-thumbupright: !

• Like 2

Pullstart

Wow, that is one tough young man, right there.  Though there are obstacles on the journey, I’m glad there are continual bouts of progress along the way!

• Like 2

WHNJ701

thanks for the update, my boys are 10 and 7 and yes this topic has been in the back of mind since this has happened wishing them both the best

• Like 2

WHX??
3 hours ago, wheelhorseman said:

Gas Engines

The most important! :)

Thanks for the update Joette and continued thoughts. Sounds like you have a good handle on things but watch out for infections. 

• Like 4

prondzy

Wow, glad to hear he is moving forward.

• Like 1

Sarge

Progress of any sort is good news - thanks for the update.

Sarge

• Like 1

WHX??

Thanks for the update Joette.

Sounds like you missed your life's calling and should have been a nurse were a nurse in a past career.

Hope to see you guys at the Portage show and I'm sure the guys at the BS would miss you guys but we would rather see Scottie mend so there would be many more shows in the future. Just like a injured pro athlete might have to miss a few games to be healthy in the future.   

Edited by WHX22
  • Like 2
  • Heart 1

953 nut

Thanks for the update, I continue to hold your family up in prayer.          :pray:

• Like 1

wheelhorseman

Update on Scottie

Since Scott's last surgery, Lowell and I decided that it was time that Scottie needed a little time away from our house and our living room.  Good friends of ours invited us to their house and it happened to be Scottie's best friend's.  Once we got there, Scottie was able to be a normal teenager.  He was able to play x-box, go outside, motor around their house, and even take a whirlpool bath ( that was long over do).  Scottie had a blast that he even started planning when he could go back over and he counted the days until he could go.  

Therapy was a little hard on Scottie this week as the exercises that he had to do engaged his core and caused more pain to his supra-pubic catheter site that he wanted me to call his Surgeons and ask them what they recommended.  Come to find out they said to continue on his tylenol and advil and his bladder medications for his pain and to put a heating pad on his abdominal area.  Once we did that his pain subsided while the heating pad was on but once it came off his pain sky rocketed.  We were also told that therapy only needs to work his legs and get them stronger and to leave his core area alone.

Please check out Scott's Benefit and consider helping us out.  God Bless you! 

Edited by wheelhorseman
  • Like 1
  • Heart 3

Sarge

I'm glad to hear of any forward progress - getting out of the house is a big one in itself. That young man has a long, hard road ahead and your whole family is a big part of that - along with your friends here. The updates are appreciated and I'm sure the Benefit drive will help some - I hope there is enough continued support for you folks to survive financially as things like this are a crippling blow. Not to speak for everyone, but I think we're more than behind you folks as a group and want to do as much as we can to help. 

Sarge

• Like 2

wheelhorseman

Lowell and our family appreciate all of the thoughts and prayers that you all are sending on our behalf.  I do know that our family is very and I mean very lucky to have each and every single one of you in our corner whether you are local or within the USA.  We never realized how much you all cared and would do anything to help out our sons, Bryan and Scottie, it means the world to us as parents to know you all are there.  I want you all to know from a mother's perspective, seeing smiles on Lowell's face and Scottie's when you post things on here, make my day, because God knows they need that.  I want to extend our appreciation and let you all know that our boys appreciate your support and generosity.  

• Like 1
  • Heart 4

wheelhorseman

Update on Scottie

This last week has been super busy and also a nightmare in and of itself.  We started off having our local benefit for Scottie, with not knowing what to expect Lowell and I thought that it was a great turnout.  

Tuesday came and Scottie and I were headed off to Rochester for another surgery, to exchange and replace his subra pubic catheter and to do some imaging and scans to see how his bladder and urethra are healing.  All went according to plan on Tuesday that we were able to beat Lowell home from work.  Lowell and I found out that the urology team is okay with the way that everything is healing and they have decided to move forward with his reconstructive surgery in June or July.  Looking at our family calendar, Lowell and I have decided that July is the best month for us.  So Scottie will be having two surgeries in June, one for a catheter change and the second one to remove the hardware out of his right elbow.  Then in July he will undergo the major reconstructive surgery of his bladder and urethra.  

Everything was going along as normal until 3 am Thursday morning, when Scottie woke up and was complaining of his stomach not feeling well and he had the urge to throw up.  I gave him his anti-nausea medication and within a few minutes he was vomiting. I checked his temperature and he had a low grade temperature, nothing that worried me.  I kept a close eye on him through out the day and I even called up his urology team in Rochester and kept them posted on how he was feeling.  Friday came and Scottie was not doing any better, in fact he was getting worse.  I checked his temperature and it was 100.9 and he was complaining that it was hard to breathe and that he had lower back pain, had a headache that would not go away, and he was still nauseated.  So off to Rochester we go.  

Once we arrived at the ER in Rochester, Scottie had multiple tests ran, from blood work, urine analysis and culture to an ultra sound on his abdominal area.  He then spiked a fever of 103.5 and that was enough to admit him into the hospital.  So you guessed it we were there until Monday afternoon.  Come to find out, Scottie has yet another bladder infection and he is on the right antibiotic for it.  He is now at home and he is doing okay and he even is getting outside and playing with his puppies.  

Thank you for all of your prayers and loving support for our family.  We truly appreciate each and every one of you!

If you have not already done so please check out this link, it would mean the world to Scottie if you did.

Edited by wheelhorseman
  • Heart 3