moe1965

854 snow blade

I started working on my latest restoration project. I'm wondering if the snow blade is a wheel horse blade or is it something the P.O. made up it has a single round tube that goes all the way back to the trans and not a tubler frame I'm used to seeing on later models. There is a addition that the P.O. added I'm guessing for more stability on top or the blade that is in the front of the tractor front frame to prevent the blade from shifting from side to side while under a load. The rest of the blade looks factory that moves the blade left and right and locks into position. Thanks in advance. Moe

20181204_183625.jpg

20181204_183648.jpg

20181204_183656.jpg

20181204_193532.jpg

Edited by moe1965
Added picture

No,  I highly doubt that is an original dozer blade. 

Is it possible to convert a long frame wheel horse plow  to fit the short frame tractor 

22 minutes ago, moe1965 said:

Is it possible to convert a long frame wheel horse plow  to fit the short frame tractor 

Yes... The long frame usually has 2 sets of holes for the rear hitch rod just put the 3/4" diameter rod in the forward set.

Screenshot_20181205-071819.png

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 1

Thanks WVhillbilly520H I have a blade for a long frame I think I'll convert so it will fit both of my tractors and get rid of the one currently on the 845. 

• Thanks 1

That blade was made to fit a red tractor, but not a Wheel Horse. It's for a Massey Ferguson. Pretty hard to find piece of equipment.

• Like 2

I have a snow blade for my 854, bought it from squonk/Mike, he restored it, looks new. I might even use it this year, but its so purty.  :lol:. Hate to mess it up.

Glenn

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

Had to remove my leaf blower and put the snow blade and weighted tires with chains on the 418-C today. The forecast is for 12 to 24 inches of snow beginning Saturday. We are right on the line between the two depths so lets see what happens.

• Excellent 1

Thanks for info on the blade new2horses I have no use for it but I really don't want to just scrap it. Hope I can find someone who needs it