bigcreek

Mounting thrower on 417

bigcreek

Gents and Gals 

i bought the 417 this summer after broke axle on 314, the 417 came with deck, plow, and thrower. I’m missing the eye bolt for the helper spring? 

Help anyone know the length ? It’s 5/8 I think in diameter. Also what belt will work it’s the 79360 thrower, the old belt is in rough shape 

many thanks 

Scott in Maryland 

JCM

I also have a 417 but do not use the blower with it. I use the 520-H with a 79361 2 stage. I believe the Toro part # is 9750 for the 79360. I hope this helps you.  Jim

lynnmor

My eyebolt is 3/8-16 threads that are about 3" long.  Use a nylock nut and run it in till the spring starts to stretch a bit with the snowblower in its highest position.  A long thread length allows easy spring connection and then plenty of adjustment.

• Like 2

gwest_ca

Drive belt should be 5/8" x 69".

Make sure you get one that is designed to bend backwards over a flat idler. The green Gates belts available from Napa is one of them.

Garry

• Like 1

bigcreek

Thanks for all the input, got it the thrower mounted and then had cranking problems, think i have traced that issue to bad solenoid, have ordered and it came in the mail today. I will let you know? 

My 314 H came with a 42 plow blade for the front, but when I got the 417 it came with a 48 in blade, do yall suppose that 314 could handle the bigger heavier 48 inch. Now in search of some chains and wheel weights. 

many thanks Scott 

I have to get better at downsizing pic size so I can share some images

Chris G

I have a 48 inch blade on the b-140 I built. It's a b-80 with a 14hp engine swap. But it handless the blade just fine and has worked great everytime i have used it so far.

rjg854
18 hours ago, bigcreek said:

I have to get better at downsizing pic size so I can share some images

If you become a supporter, for less than $2 a month you can post all the pictures you want, any size you want.  Plus you'll be helping out a great site.  :music-rockout:

Also, :WRS:

Edited by rjg854
welcome

pfrederi

My primary plow tractor is a 12 Charger with 48" blade.  Your 314 will run out of traction long before you run out of power...