new2horses

520XI

new2horses

OK so I've seen a few threads that discuss the voltage comparator on these machines. Like many mine doesn't work either, that is the battery is charging and the battery light stays on. I've researched deeply enough to know that a replacement is out of the question (cost over $200.00). So my question, does anyone have a known nonworking one that they would be willing to sell me so that I could dissect it and possibly develop a work around? Yes I know I could use mine as a donor, but I'd rather not.

Thanks, David PM

oliver2-44

There was a member @Save Old Iron who has not been active for a while) that did several threads on dissecting and repairing some of the newer electrical components.  I believe he may have been a Electrical Professor, seemed to really know his theory. You might try searching some of his content (put your cursor on his name above and click on "Find Content"

• Like 1

ol550

You could go out in the chicken yard and dig up one of them jars, pull out a couple of Franklin's that you'll never miss and take your old one apart. :text-lol:

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

new2horses
On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 10:43 AM, ol550 said:

You could go out in the chicken yard and dig up one of them jars, pull out a couple of Franklin's that you'll never miss and take your old one apart. :text-lol:

I did just that to acquire the tractor, now with the new engine and other bits, I'm in for way more than it's worth. It came with a 48" blade that looks to never have been used, but because of the  way it was stored is rusted beyond use. Not complaining, just sayin'. :eusa-think:

Still hoping to hear from somebody with one of these.