rustytractornut

rustytractornut

Hello .What type of on/ off key switch did the use on 953. was it the split two prong key switch?   Also does anybody have a replacement tail light for 953. Or a good original.Thank

you.

953 nut

The key switch on the 953/1054 and several '63 and earlier key. I have not been able to find a source for a new matching switch. The same switch was also used on other brands so used ones are out there if you can find one.

Glen Pettit in our vendor section makes replacement lenses for the tail light if you have the escutcheon that it goes into. If you need a new lamp socket this light on :techie-ebay:has a lamp socket that is a good fit.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Trailer-Snap-in-License-Plate-Utility-Light-1-1-4-Trailer-RV-Chrome-plated/290782057476

Shynon

I used a massey two prong key switch I don't remember if it has 2 terminals or 3 on the back. @WHX21has one on his 702, maybe he could look and confirm 2 terminal or 3. Been awhile, but I bought it off :techie-ebay:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

953 nut
20 hours ago, Shynon said:

I used a massey two prong key switch I don't remember if it has 2 terminals or 3 on the back. @WHX21has one on his 702, maybe he could look and confirm 2 terminal or 3. Been awhile, but I bought it off :techie-ebay:

Great information!     :thanks:               It is a three terminal with the third leg going to the lights. Massey 30 35 ignition switch :techie-ebay:search relieved a bunch of them starting at $ 12.38.

Ignition-Key-Switch-For-Massey-Ferguson-TO20-TO30-TO35-MF-35-50-65-180681M93

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1