Sign in to follow this  
funjoh

Work Horse GT 1100 Choke/Throttle

funjoh

The parts diagram shows both a choke cable and a throttle cable...however, mine only has a push/pull choke cable.  Is that normal or am I missing the throttle cable?

20181201_085656.jpg

20181201_085706.jpg

peter lena

two issues show up, first, the cable to engine mount has a double clasp, for two cables, also just above the cable contact , the hole shows wear, indicating use. other thing  is dash mount shows two vertical holes , for the earlier style of control cable. you need a detail picture of the original set up. just hunting around with that question will get you a picture. notice the  PTO LEVER GAP ? perfect time to fill in with metal or nylon washers ,and LUBRICATE IT . that will kill of the rust , stop the sloppy fit, and make it work with ease. I regularly find myself with the opportunity to correct a nagging problem on horses, once I open up an area , I take full advantage of it . that's just me . pete

• Like 1

gwest_ca

I believe the single cable for the choke and throttle is correct for the GT-1100. The B&S controls below the carb have the throttle actuating the choke probably at wide open throttle.

Online parts lists are too general because the manuals are shared with similar models and there is just so much they can do. For best results find an original manual where everything makes sense. Here is the one you need. Click on the picture

Here is an operator manual for your engine and IPL (Illustrated parts list) They often have some info on the carb controls.

The engine service manual

Garry

• Like 3

Lee1977

Don't have a GT 1100 but I do have a couple of Briggs & Stratton engines. The choke is all the way out and back a little for wide open.

Edited by Lee1977
  • Like 2

funjoh

Thank you all, very helpful feedback!