Jump to content
The Tool Crib

Painted rims

Recommended Posts

 
KC9KAS

Nice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Razorback

Very not nice! Those are going to look great on the tractor!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
The Tool Crib

These rims  will be going on my 855  that I restored over the summer. I'm looking at some tires on eBay and Amazon. Found some sawtooth tires for the front for 50 bucks. Walmart has some ag tires for the rear. These are 6x12. It will look good!

can't wait!!

IMG_4590.JPG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
aghead

Very nice resto! 

I've got some new and correct used wheels coming. I'm leaving my GT natural with old aged patina and getting new tires..

..Would it look better with old patina wheels or nice painted wheels with the new tires?

:twocents-02cents:

 

c-101.jpg.62cc0c1d4ea0f8a53d1c4b8b70eadf17.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
The Tool Crib
8 hours ago, aghead said:

Very nice resto! 

I've got some new and correct used wheels coming. I'm leaving my GT natural with old aged patina and getting new tires..

..Would it look better with old patina wheels or nice painted wheels with the new tires?

:twocents-02cents:

 

c-101.jpg.62cc0c1d4ea0f8a53d1c4b8b70eadf17.jpg

That would be totally up to you.its your horse do what you want and what you feel!! 

I will say that ag is backwards!:wacko:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
aghead

^^ One Ag tire right , other backwards. Some old timers did that on 2wd big tractors. They could use cuttin' brakes or diff lock to work in reverse better.

Cuttin' brakes would be nice on GTs. (also called steering brakes) Diff lock prob overkill, but sure makes a difference on my big rubber tire tractors.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
The Tool Crib
3 hours ago, aghead said:

^^ One Ag tire right , other backwards. Some old timers did that on 2wd big tractors. They could use cuttin' brakes or diff lock to work in reverse better.

Cuttin' brakes would be nice on GTs. (also called steering brakes) Diff lock prob overkill, but sure makes a difference on my big rubber tire tractors.

 

Now that mention I do remember doing that on the big farm tractors growing up! 

We had two big tractors then . Won't say 

color but it was G....:blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
rjg854

I kinda like the looks of a patina tractor with nice looking wheels.  Rusted wheels aren't all that appealing.  Don't matter what color, more about condition.  As to what has already been stated, your tractor, your choice.  :twocents-twocents:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Sparky

Nice painted rims but keep the rest of the tractor “patina”. That’s my vote!

  My C-121, 656 and Commando 8.

1D44492E-A5A1-4680-8DD5-53DA256E7292.jpeg

611A323B-DDCB-4DAE-B448-6DB5EE83A5D8.jpeg

B68DB332-0957-4B9B-B8FF-FFFED12D9745.jpeg

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
cschannuth
8 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Nice painted rims but keep the rest of the tractor “patina”. That’s my vote!

  My C-121, 656 and Commando 8.

1D44492E-A5A1-4680-8DD5-53DA256E7292.jpeg

611A323B-DDCB-4DAE-B448-6DB5EE83A5D8.jpeg

B68DB332-0957-4B9B-B8FF-FFFED12D9745.jpeg

 

I love fresh wheels on patina tractors. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
rjg854

20180520_155336.jpg.92838718513846ad9b855e0aa751e6b0.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
aghead

^ Sold ... the shiny wheels on patina does it for me too!

:-?...My horsey shopping list quickly grows: wire grinder wheels, Rustoleum Almond, and clear coat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...