Sign in to follow this  
Firebug

D 200 dash light

Firebug

Has anyone been able to find a replacement dash light for the d series. I recently had my tractor reworked and they determined the light fixture itself was bad. I would like to upgrade to an led but that’s not set in stone. Just wondering if any one has been able to soured a replacement that retains the original style. Thanks guys, I’m sure someone has seen something that will work

Sarge

Your best bet would be to adapt an led lamp into the original housing to get the look of the original - I've hunted for those panel lamps in a modern led but had no luck so far.

Sarge

Firebug

I had thought about doing that but my original housing isn’t any good. It was tested and power goes in but there’s no power through it to the bulb. I haven’t been able to source a good used one or a modern replacement 

Sarge

Got a pic? Is it just rusted that badly or not getting a ground through the panel?

Sarge

Firebug

Here’s pics of it. I just had the tractor reworked, the shop said there was no power going through it

DA92D4B0-6E7C-4722-83C2-DD6298E843EE.jpeg

7152C2CD-2587-40CD-A401-094F4DFAAC29.jpeg

1C4F07E3-07CF-409D-A379-41E99A986929.jpeg

Firebug

Rewired not reworked

Sarge

You'll have to look inside at the contacts - many of this type of socket was riveted between the contact and the spade connector for the wiring. A simple pick to remove corrosion and a light punching on those rivets will generally restore the contacts. I fix a lot of these types of sockets for auto restoration here, most aren't all that hard and the originals are far better quality materials than aftermarket knockoff replacements. 

If you want - mail/ship it here, I'll fix it or determine if it's truly junk and send it back - no charge either way.

Sarge

Firebug

Wow I really appreciate that Sarge. I can get that out to you this week. Do you want to pm me shipping info

Sarge

Message sent....

Sarge

BMW1

I used this one, but it does not look like they have anymore

https://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/202029419809

also saw this - it doesn't have the bracket but the light looks the same

http://www.2040-parts.com/dialco-usa-hooded-pilot-lamp-light-assembly-dash-gauge-aircraft-instrument-panel-i1438449/

I personally don't like the way the 2040-parts.com website looks.  I would call or try to contact first - it looks suspicious to me.  At least you know what to search for though. 

Edited by BMW1
the 2040-*** website looks suspicious