formariz

520H fuel pump question

formariz

Exactly right. Another item that one should always have  a spare of. That along belts, condenser, points,plugs and ignition coils is a standard here. Oops forgot to mention engines:D

• Haha 1

ericj

I've bought onan voltage regulators and fuel pumps off the auction site for over the oceans for less then $ 10.00 each. I've used the voltage regulators but have not tried the fuel pumps yet

eric j

WHX??

Same here on the regs Eric.....so far good luck...:handgestures-fingerscrossed:

buckrancher

I have been using those alum check valves on my 520's for a few years now and they work excellent

Brian

• Like 1

tunahead72

Hey @formariz thanks for the link for those check valves, and to everybody else for passing along your experience with them.  It looks like Amazon no longer has those, but here's a link to something similar.  I plan to install something like these on both my tractors soon:

https://www.amazon.com/Return-Check-Petrol-Diesel-Aluminium/dp/B06XK5CSS4/ref=lp_15826214011_1_2?srs=15826214011&ie=UTF8&qid=1549822071&sr=8-2&th=1

--------

EDIT:  Similar check valves are also available on eBay, some from sellers in North America, with presumably quicker shipping than ordering directly from Hong Kong or wherever.  I can't tell if these are any different than the ones @formariz originally linked.  If anybody has a reliable trusted source for these, I'd love to hear about it.

Edited by tunahead72

CraigArndt

I rebuilt the fuel pump on my 520H during the restoration.  It shot fuel 1/2 across the garage when I tested it.  The diaphrams get tired after 30 years, but that design does work great.  Pumps a lot of fuel.

• Thanks 1

lynnmor
3 hours ago, CraigArndt said:

I rebuilt the fuel pump on my 520H during the restoration.  It shot fuel 1/2 across the garage when I tested it.  The diaphrams get tired after 30 years, but that design does work great.  Pumps a lot of fuel.

Did you find a source for the diaphragms or did you make your own?