LengerichKA88

Just now seeing this section

LengerichKA88

I joined back in September, but I’m just now seeing this section. 

My name is Kyle Lengerich, I’m happily married to my wife, Sara, and we have two children, Michael who is 3, and Olivia who is 10 months. We live just south of Indianapolis, in the suburb of Greenwood. I was born in California, but have lived in Indiana (with the exception of my enlistment) my entire life. 

Im the oldest of three children, my younger siblings are autistic but at different points on the spectrum. I’m a White Star Son (White Star, similar to Gold Star (KIA), Silver Star (Wounded) and Blue Star (Deployed), symbolizes a veteran/ Service member who has taken their own life).

I served in the Marines from January 2009- January 2013, was stationed at Camp Foster, Okinawa Japan, Camp Pendleton California, and deployed to Afghanistan in support of Operation Enduring Freedom in 2012 (Camp Leatherneck, Helmand Province). I was Honorably Discharged at the rank of Corporal (E-4). I am currently a stay at home dad to our two children. Aside from that, I am also a property manager for a rental property. My knowledge of mechanics is limited, but I have been learning a great deal here on Red Square. 

My other interests include gardening, wine making, leatherworking, wood working, firearms, fishing, photography, aquarium keeping, genealogy, and gaming.

I am a lifetime member of the Veterans Of Foriegn Wars, but without a home post (by choice). 

I have enjoyed being a part of this forum, as I’ve come acrossed many good folks here. I look forward to being around as long as you’ll all keep me! 😂

• Like 3
  • Excellent 5

Razorback

Hello, and thank you for your service to your family and your country! I always wanted to be a stay at home dad, but it wasn’t to be. I was Mr. Mom when I wasn’t at work, though! I wish I had a dollar for every diaper I changed.... five kids. I tell people that I could do everything except have them! Especially good at calming the kiddos when they were getting shots! Now that’s  a good skill to have!

Keep up the good work!

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

LengerichKA88
1 minute ago, Razorback said:

Hello, and thank you for your service to your family and your country! I always wanted to be a stay at home dad, but it wasn’t to be. I was Mr. Mom when I wasn’t at work, though! I wish I had a dollar for every diaper I changed.... five kids. I tell people that I could do everything except have them! Especially good at calming the kiddos when they were getting shots! Now that’s  a good skill to have!

Keep up the good work!

The only way we’re able to make it work is that I have Service Connected Disabilities that I receive compensation for from the VA. I’m the only full time stay at home parent I know that still is able to collect a paycheck 😂

I’m the 1st of 12 grandchildren... I’ve changed a lot of diapers in my day, but the first diaper on my first born was the most nerve wracking 😂

I haven’t mastered keeping them calm during shots, but I’m pretty good at damage control afterwards. That’s a skill that takes time to build, but Im working on it lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Razorback

We also share a lot of skills..... I might be a little more on the mechanical side, but I also like gardening and wine making, and firearms. I love older vehicles (wife drives a nice 1981 Bronco, I drive a 1995 F250 PowerStroke) because I can keep them running.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

LengerichKA88

My grandfather grew up on a dairy farm in N.E. Indiana... if they didn’t grow it, raise it, hunt it, or catch it, they didn’t eat it. 

He was also the middle child of 14 if memory serves correctly. He always maintained a huge garden, and owned a home brew supply shop. In the summers if I wasn’t pulling weeds, I was counting bottle caps or corks for sale at the store, or picking off the birds that ate his cherries and grapes. 

Dad kept a garden, and now that I’ve got my own little plot of land, I do to. Everything tastes batter when it’s grown in your own yard. Right now I have four grape vines, two hops bines, and four white peach trees. I’ll be putting in a 2x20 herb garden along the shop in the spring. 

Ive been into firearms since I was a kid. My prized possession (In the Firearms department anyway)  is my 1941 Springfield Armory M1 Garand. I’ve had the serial number traced and it was issued out for WWII, stored, and issued out for Korea, and was one of the many sold to the S. Korean Army when the US withdrew. It was reimported in 1982, and my wife’s grandpa bought it, who then sold it to my father in law, who sold it to me. 

Im not the greatest shot in the world, but I always have fun. 

My first car was a 1987 Olds Cutlass Supreme, and I’ve told the wife I will have another before I die. We’ve got a 2010 HHR now, and I wouldn’t even know where to start to work on it 😂

Edited by Lengerich8
  • Like 3

KC9KAS

@Lengerich8 I think I welcomed you a few days ago!

I was in Greenwood a few hours ago!

My brothers car wouldn't shift right last Sunday while visiting his brother-in-law. We went up with my car hauler to retrieve it! Just about 1 mile West of I-65 at the WORTHSVILLE ROAD exit in s housing division.

LengerichKA88
59 minutes ago, KC9KAS said:

@Lengerich8 I think I welcomed you a few days ago!

I was in Greenwood a few hours ago!

My brothers car wouldn't shift right last Sunday while visiting his brother-in-law. We went up with my car hauler to retrieve it! Just about 1 mile West of I-65 at the WORTHSVILLE ROAD exit in s housing division.

I’m just off the Main St exit! 😂

i know right where you’re talking about. 

Ive been around a month and a half or so now, but figured I’d make a post for some background info without derailing someone else’s thread. 

Edited by KyleLengerich
  • Like 1

953 nut
3 hours ago, KyleLengerich said:

as long as you’ll all keep me!

:text-welcomeconfetti:

We will probably keep you around,    heck, they kept me!      :ychain:

• Haha 3

jay bee

:text-welcomewave:  This is a great place to be!!!

My daughter and her family live in Carmel.  Will be down there next weekend.

Edited by jay bee
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Digger 66
1 hour ago, 953 nut said:

heck, they kept me!      :ychain:

Me too :blink:

• Haha 1

LengerichKA88
37 minutes ago, jay bee said:

:text-welcomewave:  This is a great place to be!!!

My daughter and her family live in Carmel.  Will be down there next weekend.

That’s funny, I’m familiar with your neck of the woods, family has a lake cottage about 30 minutes west of Coldwater, little village called Colon, but ventured up towards you a time or two for one thing or another. 

• Like 2

jay bee
12 minutes ago, KyleLengerich said:

little village called Colon,

I like the Colon, Centerville area too.  Colon, "Magic Capital of the World"

• Like 1

LengerichKA88

Our place sits on the opposite end of Palmer lake from Colon, but we get a good view of the fireworks from the water on 4th of July. 

• Like 2

rjg854

:WRS: this is a great forum filled with good people that will help out in anyway they can.  Welcome aboard and thank you for your service.

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH

• Like 1

JC 1965

Hello Kyle, thank you for your service to our great country.   AND   :text-welcomeconfetti: to  :rs::USA:

• Excellent 2

Sparky

:WRS:

• Excellent 1