Razorback

Today’s the day!

Blackhood Bill

Don't forget the camera:thumbs2: 

• Like 2

c-series don

Congratulations! We will need plenty of pictures!! 

• Like 1

The Tuul Crib
5 minutes ago, c-series don said:

Congratulations! We will need plenty of pictures!! 

:text-yeahthat:

• Like 1

The Tuul Crib

Looks good so far but ....  I do see some green! 

:confusion-shrug:

• Like 1

rjg854

Looks like quite the haul :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

aghead

I bid $1 grand :shifty:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Razorback
31 minutes ago, The Tool Crib said:

Looks good so far but ....  I do see some green! 

:confusion-shrug:

This green is OK..... it’s MacKissic, not the other.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Razorback
3 minutes ago, aghead said:

I bid $1 grand :shifty:

Sit down while you read this......

tractor was free (well, except for my labor and handyman skills), gave her $400 for the rest..... and she acted like that was too much!

(I think I need to make a post in the “What’s the best deal you’ve ever made?” thread!)

Edited by Razorback
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 2

aghead

:clap:

• Like 2

ebinmaine

@Razorback

You've done well there my friend.

You made a new friend in the old lady.

You made her happy with the notion that someone will be using and enjoying that Tractor. Likely it keeps his memory on hand for her.

You've found a model of Wheelhorse that is extremely capable and very highly desirable to many collectors and those of us that still work the past generations of heavy metal... And a passel of attachments to do everything with it and more.

That's a lifetime of machine capability.

Awesome find. Absolutely.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Tankman

Great pickup! WOW! What a haul!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3

c-series don

Yup, what Eric said! 

• Like 2

Razorback

Thanks, guys! I am SUPER EXCITED about this. I have mentioned that I have some nice GT’s already (including the 1966 Cub Cadet 123 w/tiller and deck, and 1981 Speedex 1631 with mower, plough, discs, furrowers, and cultivators), but this one really takes the cake. Nice combination of attachments, well taken care of!

Although I don’t have a picture of the contents, in the picture that shows the tiller standing on end you’ll see a small cardboard box that has a “4” on it. Inside is a heavy red spring, some small pieces of metal (brackets?), and I think I saw some bolts and nuts? Could that be some kind of helper spring for the tiller?

• Like 1

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, Razorback said:

Thanks, guys! I am SUPER EXCITED about this. I have mentioned that I have some nice GT’s already (including the 1966 Cub Cadet 123 w/tiller and deck, and 1981 Speedex 1631 with mower, plough, discs, furrowers, and cultivators), but this one really takes the cake. Nice combination of attachments, well taken care of!

Although I don’t have a picture of the contents, in the picture that shows the tiller standing on end you’ll see a small cardboard box that has a “4” on it. Inside is a heavy red spring, some small pieces of metal (brackets?), and I think I saw some bolts and nuts? Could that be some kind of helper spring for the tiller?

Could very well be a helper spring setup. Throw them all on a light colored background and snap a picture and I'm sure somebody on here will be able to tell you what they are for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Razorback
5 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Could very well be a helper spring setup. Throw them all on a light colored background and snap a picture and I'm sure somebody on here will be able to tell you what they are for.

Here is what was in the box.....

IMG_0699.jpg

• Like 1

Razorback

Got the C160 out of the trailer, gave the yard the last mow of the season......

I really like the rear discharge deck and it does a great job, but it is much narrower than the 54" deck on my Craftsman PGT9000 that I normally use for mowing. I will probably continue using the PGT9000 for mowing. That way, I can keep the C160 for the garden and for the occasional pushing of snow.

This thing runs like a top! Extremely glad to have it!  I think it was happy to be in use again!

While I was mowing, the temperature continued to drop considerably, to the point of it sleeting/snowing by the time I got everything loaded back in the trailer.

Edited by Razorback
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 2

Razorback

A couple of things I noticed as I was packing things back into the 6x10 trailer:

The Mighty-Mac chipper, the tiller, and the aerator fit nicely across the front of the trailer...

The previous owner built a nice carriage on casters to sit the chipper on... it lines up the mounting bracket perfectly with the front of the tractor to assist while the chipper gets bolted to the tractor..... hoping I have a belt on hand to make it all work.

Need to install a fuel shutoff to the gas line. I’d like to starve it to death when I want to put it away.

Glad I have the trailer to keep everything in. Eventually, I will sell the Cub Cadet and the GT6000, then the C160 can take up it’s new place in the shed!

Edited by Razorback
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1

giddyap

Kudos to you, Razorback. My usual response to someone getting a "good buy" or a "steal" is for them to "pay it forward". But you made an honest deal, good for you.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Razorback
6 hours ago, giddyap said:

Kudos to you, Razorback. My usual response to someone getting a "good buy" or a "steal" is for them to "pay it forward". But you made an honest deal, good for you.   

Thx. My usual mode of operation is:

”I am blessed so I can be a blessing.”

I do my best!

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Razorback
On 11/25/2018 at 2:43 PM, Razorback said:

Here is what was in the box.....

IMG_0699.jpg

A quick glance at the tiller manual showed a reference to the lift assist spring, showed that eye bolt, and maybe at least one of those brackets. When I have time to follow the installation instructions in detail, I bet I find where a lot of those parts go.....

Razorback
2 hours ago, Razorback said:

A quick glance at the tiller manual showed a reference to the lift assist spring, showed that eye bolt, and maybe at least one of those brackets. When I have time to follow the installation instructions in detail, I bet I find where a lot of those parts go.....

So far, looking at the manual and the pictures I have taken of things, I have determined that the eye bolt in the box must go to something else..... the tiller already has a threaded eye bolt on it. The spring definitely goes on the tiller, connects to the eye bolt and the "left bracket link" on the axle.

• Like 1

Razorback

Got the sleeve hitch attached today. Also installed the wheel weights. Hung the chains on the wall. Noticed the nice storage area under the seat. Plenty of room for the trailer hitch and most of the stuff that was in that cardboard box without having to worry about any of it falling out.

I look forward to seeing how this tractor does with the plough, and need to see how the tiller goes on. Speaking of the tiller..... seems like I remember someone telling me the dimensions of the tiller belt...... I think I found the correct info:

Tiller - model 7-1252 s/n 81918 

Drive belt # 1599 (HA x 139.00in 1/2" x 139")

Does that sound right? I have several belts on hand, but not sure I have that one..... tractor came with spares for the mower drive belt (pto) and deck belt, and for the MacKissic chipper, but I never ran across one for the tiller.