aghead

Good evening from Arkansas

aghead

Hope all had a good and thankful Thanksgiving.  I picked up my first team of Wheel Horses today, a B-80 and a C -101.The C hadn't ran in 2+ yrs. Took about 2 hours now the 10hp knickers sweetly!

For now, I plan to get the C all stock (incl wheels/tires) and working seamlessly for pushing and towing, I do not plan to go for cosmetic restore, just mechanical. The B-80 will need more attention, later. It has a mower deck with zero rust! Did I mention,,,My first Wheel Horses!! :-D

c-101.jpg

• Like 7

oliver2-44

:text-welcomeconfetti: Two great horses.

However, starting with two your doomed. They breed live rabbits and you will soon have many more :ychain:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Razorback

Hi, aghead. Good to see another Arkansan here!

We are in Bentonville.... you?

rjg854

:WRS: @aghead, you'll find this forum a treasure.  Thank you for your service!

953 nut

:WRS:

Seems that you are off to a good start, from the looks of your shop there is room for a lot more :wh:, they can be addictive!

1722074565_1Horse-a-holic.jpg.a72e134cde1e5743ab06c2f87e987dba.jpg

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Sparky

AMC RULES

welcomewagon.gif.883aa1daf3c29955b0b92abd3103ac89.gif1923883210_righthorse2.png.b630b3c7c44e8e598de54d112b1dae68.png

KC9KAS

@aghead :text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

oldlineman

your rear tires appear to be on backwards but tht is a very good tractor. I have one bought new in 1979 and is still going strong with mant many hours on it. Welcome!

• Like 1

aghead
9 hours ago, oldlineman said:

your rear tires appear to be on backwards but tht is a very good tractor. I have one bought new in 1979 and is still going strong with mant many hours on it. Welcome!

Old timers put one tire forward, one backward...traction both directions, at least on farm tractors with cuttin' brakes and lockable rear.?

Thank you.

aghead
18 hours ago, 953 nut said:

Seems that you are off to a good start, from the looks of your shop there is room for a lot more :wh:, they can be addictive!

1722074565_1Horse-a-holic.jpg.a72e134cde1e5743ab06c2f87e987dba.jpg

I built my shop for repairing big tractors, bulldozers, backhoes, dumptrucks...This GT takes up sooo much less room! I feel the hook diggin' in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

aghead
On 11/22/2018 at 11:24 PM, Razorback said:

Hi, aghead. Good to see another Arkansan here!

We are in Bentonville.... you?

I'm just South of Little Rock. It's waaay too busy up in your corner of God's country! Whoo pigs.

I drove up to Harrison, AR to get these two WH's....well worth the drive.

• Like 1

new2horses

aghead,

Welcome to Red Square. I've been a member here for quite some time and this place is the PREMIER source for reliable info on these great tractors. I too live in Arkansas, Saline county as it happens. But own property in Redfield, so I am there frequently. Again welcome.

David

aghead
21 minutes ago, new2horses said:

aghead,

Welcome to Red Square. I've been a member here for quite some time and this place is the PREMIER source for reliable info on these great tractors. I too live in Arkansas, Saline county as it happens. But own property in Redfield, so I am there frequently. Again welcome.

David

Small world Mr. David! I've seen you with the 'hit & misses' and the old JD's for almost 30 yrs here in town. Don't see you much anymore but I've sent you a bill once a month for the last 8 years.

Thx for the welcome,

Chris

Razorback
8 hours ago, aghead said:

I'm just South of Little Rock. It's waaay too busy up in your corner of God's country! Whoo pigs.

I drove up to Harrison, AR to get these two WH's....well worth the drive.

We drove close by your house earlier this summer when we made a trip to Farmerville, LA to visit some friends..... went there to watch boat races on D'Arbonne Lake.

1940willys

I too have the same machines, B80 and a C101. They both have Rear Discharge mowers on them. I let my daughter borrow the C unit for her place 60 miles away. The C is in rougher shape than the B but I have restored/ made usable. It has preformed well so far this summer.

new rubber 1.JPG

DSCN1822.JPG

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

jay bee

:text-welcomewave: @aghead  Couple of nice tractors you got there.  You've certainly come to the right place and we're glad your here.

WHX??

:text-yeahthat::text-welcomewave: