C160

noobie need help

C160

Is there a search feature with in the topic. I am searching for a tractor manual for a C160 auto. (1977?)  I've looked for this in manuals section but not finding a shop manual only parts manuals. Specifically I am trying to figure out the hydraulic arm to mower deck. Mine is missing something. Also I am not sure what is the drain plug on the differential to drain oil from pump/rear end.  

Edited by C160

gwest_ca

Click on the picture

Drain plug is 1/4" NPT with a socket head located on the bottom near left rear corner. Takes an Allen wrench so the hole may be full of dirt. Clean and tap the wrench in to make sure it is well seated. A thread sealer is required and they do not need to be singing tight.

What mower deck do you have? These all have 3 blades.

36" side or rear discharge

42" side or rear discharge

48" side discharge.

Garry

• Like 3

squonk

Oil drain is a 1/4 Allen bolt in the bottom of trans case. May be filled with dirt.

• Like 1

C160

Good info thanks,. I may need to take photo of the linkage to raise and lower the mower deck using hydraulics. I currently have the tractor in pieces (under going a restoration) but i can take photo of linkages. Something must be missing because i could never use the hydraulic lift lever. The cylinder moves ok but the linkage isn't right.

953 nut

:WRS:

This exploded parts diagram may be helpful. It is for a manual lift, but the other parts ate all the same.

131486722_rockshaft.jpg.6db499d5b0789252bef92eda862dec7d.jpg

• Like 5

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti: