LengerichKA88

Holiday Traditions

LengerichKA88
13 minutes ago, cschannuth said:

It sounds corny but I'm thankful for this forum.  It allows me to have a fun hobby without breaking the bank with all the knowledge shared here.  Happy Thanksgiving!

It’s not corny at all, that’s why I’m here.

Time and budget doesn’t let me get to my Horses very often, but I’m here on the forum all day since I’ve found it simply because of the good people here. I’ve picked up a lot on info just going through and paying attention to threads, and I’ve met some pretty decent folks. 

• Like 2

Razorback
1 hour ago, Lengerich8 said:

I gotta story about brown pumpkin pie lol

my grandpa used to grow butternut squash. His sister in law was visiting and asked why he was growing “garbage food”. She said that only poor people ate butternut squash. He loved it, and used in in a lot of different things. He told her “I could make you a pie outta this and you’d never know.”

Next time they were over from Chicago he made her a pumpkin pie. Everyone loved His pumpkin pie, and this time was no exception. It wasn’t till after she’d eaten it he told her he made it with butternut squash instead. 

Did the same thing with deer meat once.

Had a friend over for hamburgers that thought he didn't like deer meat. The burgers were 1/2 and 1/2 beef and deer. He gobbled down two burgers and said how gooooood they were!

Same with a sweet potato pie with an uncle of mine!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Razorback
3 hours ago, cschannuth said:

I'm not a big Turkey fan but we go to my wife's aunt and uncle's house every year.  He deep fries two turkeys.  One is cajun and it is delicious.  They feed about 20 of us and I love going.  On my side of the family we always went to my folk's house on Friday evening and we usually had something other than Turkey to avoid the Turkey overload.  Mom and Dad are both passed now so my wife and I have Thanksgiving and my brother and his wife host at Christmas.  We still do something other than turkey and this year we did a Cajun Bake.  We fill large baking pans with shrimp, andouille sausage, baby potatoes, corn on the cob, and onions with plenty of spices.  We did that last night and it was really good.

It sounds corny but I'm thankful for this forum.  It allows me to have a fun hobby without breaking the bank with all the knowledge shared here.  Happy Thanksgiving!

Would you like to adopt a couple of new family members?? That Cajun Bake sounds delicious!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by Razorback
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

stevasaurus

Just thinking, we should have at least one turkey shot.  :orcs-cheers:

2013_1130thanksgiving20140003.JPG

• Excellent 1

cschannuth
14 minutes ago, Razorback said:

Would you like to adopt a couple of new family members?? That Cajun Bake sounds delicious!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

We fed 12 and had enough left overs for about 10 more so you would be more than welcome. LOL 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1