Sign in to follow this  
Dan693

D-200 20 H.P. Kohler

Dan693

I think actually a 19.9 H.P. or so I've heard. I plan to search out an original engine for a D-200 and start with that. Pretty much restore it entirely to factory condition before starting the hunt for the tractor to put it on.

Were there better or worse years of the D-200 Kohler engines or were they pretty much the same?

Also were the chassis the same on the 160, 180, and 200?

I plan to to build a fully loaded factory D-200.

Those fat ags on the rear are super cool.

• Excellent 1

Cetan08

I own a D-160 and have wanted a D series for years. It is my understanding that the big D's all have the same chasis. The older ones had the brake inside the transmission and it caused some trans failures. The D-200 were like the top of the line with all the bells and whistles. Three point, guages, etc. The D-250 is a beast of it's own although most of it is the same as the other D,s. Try to find one as complete as possible because the parts can be hard to find and pricey.

This is information that I have gathered by asking lots of questions on this site. Lots of knowledgeable folks on here that will help you along the way.

pfrederi

I believe all K-532s were essentially the same design.  Obviously different crank shafts depending on who the were built for.  Parts availability is not good as they have been out of production for a long time.  Piston/rings you can use from a K301 but connecting rods and cranks ..that could be a challenge.

pacer

A very admirable goal!! The "BIG D's" are a fine 'chine'

But .... It would be very wise to start with a mostly complete tractor (or mostly complete) While the basic frame is probably pretty much the same, There are a handful of variations in other areas. The dash and tower had 2-3-4? variations. As mentioned brake/park brake had different configurations. Options of the PTO and 3 point - some had them, or only one - or none. The 200 had an 8 gal tank and others had a 5 -----

and ,,,, well, you get the idea.