Sign in to follow this  
Edwin

electro 12 help with plow

Edwin

I recently acquired a electro 12 with deck plow and single stage snow thrower. The plow frame is different than the ones i see everyone having. and hooking up the hydraulic lift, I believe its missing something. Pic's will follow. 

What i have done so far... pulled the motor cover off and vacuumed out the mouse nests that were all over this tractor. cleaned gas tank rebuilt carb added some parts that were missing to make it complete oil change spark plug new used coil.  it runs good now need to adjust carb a little but it runs good and steady just not a low enough idle cannot get the hydraulics to lower yet checked hydro fluid/ one quart of tranny fluid in it. now i am just lost on how to finish mounting this plow frame. plow frame i guess is a mid plow frame Because it does not go to the rear end. 

IMG_20181109_175851.jpg

IMG_20181110_180833.jpg

IMG_20181110_180925.jpg

IMG_20181110_180920.jpg

IMG_20181110_181005.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Sparky

:WRS:

That 16 Kohler is a nice addition to your machine!

But the plow frame is not genuine Wheel Horse. Have you tried hooking it up? I'm assuming that silver cross bar goes into the front or mid attachment point. After that I'm stumped :eusa-think:

• Like 1

Rock farmer

Looks like a hom made plow frame.

maybe made out of a wheel horse tractor frame?

perhaps it just bolts to the bottom of your frame?

rjg854

:WRS:  @Edwin this is a fine place to learn anything Wheel Horse.

• Like 1

KC9KAS

@Edwin :text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

• Like 1

pfrederi

Can't help with the plow looks some some homemade adaptation.  As to idle speed.  Recommended Kohler idle speed is a lot faster that some expect 1200-1300 rpm.

Does the hydro lift?  Does tractor move.  you need to have the parking brake lever pushed down and the tow valve under the seat with pin facing forward  Yours in picture is in the tow position.

also does you hydro have ATF  (red) or Motor oil (tan)  Originally came with ATF but many were converted.  Never mix them....

I love my electros for plowing they are fantastic.

welcome

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Edwin
21 hours ago, Sparky said:

:WRS:

That 16 Kohler is a nice addition to your machine!

But the plow frame is not genuine Wheel Horse. Have you tried hooking it up? I'm assuming that silver cross bar goes into the front or mid attachment point. After that I'm stumped :eusa-think:

My Uncle who is a Cub Cadet guru  came over and told me this was a mid mound short plow frame with a wheel horse 48in dozer blade on it It is original but not for this machine.  It is also missing parts. I am going to fab some stuff to make it work. 

• Like 2

Edwin
8 hours ago, pfrederi said:

Can't help with the plow looks some some homemade adaptation.  As to idle speed.  Recommended Kohler idle speed is a lot faster that some expect 1200-1300 rpm.

Does the hydro lift?  Does tractor move.  you need to have the parking brake lever pushed down and the tow valve under the seat with pin facing forward  Yours in picture is in the tow position.

also does you hydro have ATF  (red) or Motor oil (tan)  Originally came with ATF but many were converted.  Never mix them....

I love my electros for plowing they are fantastic.

welcome

Yes it has a Hydro Lift. and as of today It works  also has ATF in it. Yes i had to move it pictures were taken before i cleaned it and got her runni9ng. Yes she moves fine in the garage and no leaks to the hydro hoses  or rear ..... As goes for the idle she will idle really low too at a slow chug. what the rpm is i am not sure but i wouldnt even move it at that low.  I will need to change the drive belt it is rotted a bit. 

Edwin

So to add i am fabracating  the rear of the plow frame so that there will be a lift and drop point to it.  and hooking up a rigid bar for the hydraulics.  I will post pic's tomorrow.

• Like 2

c-series don

Honestly, finding the correct a-frame for the plow should not be that difficult. With the hydraulics on your tractor you can apply down pressure on the blade which comes in handy. 

• Like 1

Edwin

I would love to get a good pic from someone of the underside of an electro 12  if anyone has one or could take one

Pullstart

Welcome to the addiction @Edwin!  

• Like 1