71_Bronco

Did Wheel Horse Make A Rear Mounted Blade?

71_Bronco

I came across this Brinly rear blade the other day, and was just curious if Wheel Horse ever made one. I know they made a bunch of mid grader blades, and front plow / dozer blades, but I haven't seen a rear mounted plow.

My dad has a similar blade mounted on a larger Farmall, and it is great for certain jobs.

This one looks pretty cool as you can use it to pull, or rotate it 180 degrees and use it to push.

51JJLVFeAsL._SX425_.jpg

cschannuth

I don’t believe WH made one. I have one of the Brinly’s and It does a nice job on my gravel driveway. It’s not heavy duty like a large tractor blade but works fine for light duty jobs. 

• Like 1

oliver2-44

I have a rear blade made by Sears that is similar to the Brinly. It does a fair job with 60 lb of weigh hung on the back of it. But for most jobs my mid-mount grader blade does a Superior job hands down. 

WVHillbilly520H

Or make your own...like my dad did around 40 years ago(last pic), then I took it a little farther, Jeff.

IMAG3282.jpg

IMAG3543.jpg

IMAG3541.jpg

IMAG3137.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Lane Ranger

My  Wheel Horse Mid-Grader blade is king of unique as the previous owner welded a slot hitch tab on the front and moved the  attach-a-matic rod forward about and inch and a half to allow the grader blade to work in the center and the back of the tractor.   No  pivot handle but it does have a pin to allow the plow to pivot.   This is one of the early Wheel Horse mid-grader blades.

122.JPG

119.JPG

098.JPG

099.JPG

096.JPG

095.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

DBlackston
On 11/13/2018 at 5:37 PM, Lane Ranger said:

My  Wheel Horse Mid-Grader blade is king of unique as the previous owner welded a slot hitch tab on the front and moved the  attach-a-matic rod forward about and inch and a half to allow the grader blade to work in the center and the back of the tractor.   No  pivot handle but it does have a pin to allow the plow to pivot.   This is one of the early Wheel Horse mid-grader blades.

122.JPG

119.JPG

098.JPG

099.JPG

096.JPG

095.JPG

Lane Ranger,

Was it neccesary for them to move the attach-A-matic rod forward 1"?

I have a blade with a missing rod. I plan on making a tab to mount mine in the back as you show, but am curious why the rod was also moved?

received_10209803741082378.jpeg

Steiny

image.jpg.85cd403f80a8308b1e3721d520dd0616.jpg

• Like 2