Elkskin's mower junkyard

Second tub trailer

Elkskin's mower junkyard

Last week or so I got a 312-8 Toro which I parted and I also got this trailer. I took it over to shop they straightened the axle sort of. The tub is tweeked but I don't care. Ill fix it up for use. I do have a 64 dump trailer but its all nice. This trailer here needs a lot of love but better than it going to scrap. Got to make the dump lever

20181101_122050.jpg

• Like 9

Elkskin's mower junkyard

The start is dump lever

20181101_145548.jpg

• Like 3

The Tuul Crib

I really wish things like this would come up in my area!:angry:

• Haha 1

Elkskin's mower junkyard
1 hour ago, The Tool Crib said:

I really wish things like this would come up in my area!:angry:

Lol the first dump cart I bought at scrapyard for 30 bucks (which is now fixed up). At same one a month later I paid 40 for this lol

20180923_193718.jpg

20180915_164411.jpg

• Excellent 3

Elkskin's mower junkyard

H eres handle for dump bed. Note this trailer isn't going to be a show trailer but a worker. I still have lots of patching to do. One top of a side is bent pretty bad I am going to cut it out and put new metal in.

20181101_191200.jpg

• Like 3

Elkskin's mower junkyard

Success in top pic you can see side is bent. I cut it out and put it in a vice was able to straighten the price and welded it back in. I got a Chicago electric 125 amp wire welder does a decent job. In process of grinding down welds. I do little sections at a time to avoid warping in sheet metal when welding. And yes side isn't perfect lol

20181101_201553.jpg

• Like 2

cleat

Looking much better.

If the trailer is going to be a worker then a bit of a bend left in is really no big deal.

A big dead blow hammer might fix it right up.

• Like 2

peter lena

yes I would love to pick up one of those, recently saw one at a show that was a total rotted shell, not worth the work. the practicality of the early w/h designs was really simply amazing, coming from a different era , just sets them apart. by the way if you want to preserve any metal outside , simply brush on or spray engine oil on it, stand it on end and if possible cover it. that will shed water and moisture like a ducks back. metals that I have done that on retain there strength and oiled patina. if you have a screw jack , you could push out that side wall, backed up with 2x4 to reduce any bowing. good luck on the trailer, I hope I can find a similar model to bring back , pete

• Like 1

Elkskin's mower junkyard
1 hour ago, peter lena said:

yes I would love to pick up one of those, recently saw one at a show that was a total rotted shell, not worth the work. the practicality of the early w/h designs was really simply amazing, coming from a different era , just sets them apart. by the way if you want to preserve any metal outside , simply brush on or spray engine oil on it, stand it on end and if possible cover it. that will shed water and moisture like a ducks back. metals that I have done that on retain there strength and oiled patina. if you have a screw jack , you could push out that side wall, backed up with 2x4 to reduce any bowing. good luck on the trailer, I hope I can find a similar model to bring back , pete

It will be inside when done. The right rear bottom corner is going to be the hard part lol. To many this one would be junk but to me it's a challenge

• Like 1

Elkskin's mower junkyard

Been a couple days since I updated. I got it patched up pretty good. Today I put it back in my red shed (heated shed) and sanded it down on the inside. Sprayed a rusty metal primer on. Then after that dried I played down 2 coats of bed liner. Like I said its not a show piece. In a few days I will flip it over remove dump lever and wheels then prime the bottom and regal red will be laid down on outside.

20181104_145326.jpg

20181104_145237.jpg

20181104_105120.jpg

• Like 1

Elkskin's mower junkyard

Even though I am hurting due to a injury. I made it out to shed to work on the trailer. I got the primer down. And I also did another toolbox for 701. In morning I will lay the red down. I may go over bed liner with red too. I can't get axle out due to the bend but I am not worried

20181107_195155.jpg

20181107_195147.jpg

20181107_195142.jpg

Edited by craftsmanmowerfreak

Elkskin's mower junkyard

So when I redid the other trailer @Vinylguy sent me extra wheel horse decals for the trailer even though I needed only 1 I got 3. So this trailer is getting one. And I don't have a serial number for this trailer but oh well lol.

Elkskin's mower junkyard

Red paint down.

20181108_135824.jpg

20181108_135822.jpg

20181108_135837.jpg

Elkskin's mower junkyard

Got tires on and flipped it right side up and painted the inside regal red over the bed liner. Extra protection this way since it is so pitted. In this picture you can see the tub is tweeked

20181108_223747.jpg

20181108_214804.jpg