Sign in to follow this  
tkeon

Snowblower fit

tkeon

Interested in possibly getting this single stage snowblower for my C-175 hydro.  Based on these pictures, will this fit and work with my hydro?  Having trouble understanding how this attaches to my lift system.  Previous owner has a manual lever lift.

thanks

ted

IMG_20181029_144548_hdr.jpg

IMG_20181029_144637_hdr.jpg

gwest_ca

The chute should turn in 4 grooved rollers. Looks like they have been replaced by a flat washer so may not work well.

The lift arms on manual and hydraulic lifts are the same. The snowthrower attaches to the more vertical arm so when lifted the arm pushes the lift tube forward. With the snowthrower in the front hitch the rod forced forward causes the snowthrower to rotate on the front hitch rod effectively lifting it off the ground.

Likely one of these

1975 model 6-6214 - (First model to include 8-0221 [103552 replaced by 93-1617 and 93-1617-01] side extensions with the front straight return. First model to have a cable spool on chute rotating crank handle)

1976 model 6-6215 - This one -

1976 model 66-42ST01 - and this one are likely identical. The model number format changed.

1977 model 76-42ST01 - This one

1978 model 86-42ST01 - and this one

1979 model 96-42ST01 - and this one plus 1980 may be all the same. They started using a different model number for each model year.

1980 model 06-42ST01 - (Last 42" model to use 4 grooved rollers for the chute)

Garry

• Like 1

tkeon

Ok thanks. See what you mean about the washers/rollers. Might the rollers still be available (or similar replacement) and would they probably be able to just replace the the bolts with washers. Otherwise maybe just grease the heck out of the flange.  Appreciate the info.

gwest_ca

The rollers didn't work all that well but had to be much better than washers.

The rollers were replaced by a plastic collar that is no longer available.

My next attempt to improve on the rollers is to try blocks made with low friction plastic with a groove machined into them to accept the chute flange. If each was about 2" long it should help spread the weight against them out.

Some have had the opportunity to replace the short chute with a longer one used on the latest models. I don't know if the attaching hardware is enough to get past the roller problem. The tall chute was also used on some Toro walk-behind snowthrowers so that may be a source.

Garry

tkeon

You are a wealth of information....  I have seen the tall shoots and if I lived in a more snow prone area I might consider it (assuming I even follow through with this blower).  Thanks for the input and I may just see how this set-up works for now.  I may just have to wrestle it for the few times a year i may need it.

gwest_ca

Chris Sutton posted some photos in the first post. The last photo of eight has one of new rollers. Good chance to see what they look like

Can't make the link work.

It is in this attachment section and titled Help needed with a Snowblower 

Garry

peter lena

those brass rollers are available at your local hardware store , in the small bin pull out section, you will also find a lot of clips and mounting options. by the way when I am putting on the thrower, I put the lower edge on a 4x 4 , found that partial lift really helps in mounting. each time I do it, it gets easier, good luck pete

• Like 1