Sign in to follow this  
Drydock

3 Horses

Drydock

Just brought home 3 Wheel horses, rescued from a local farmers shed, a 605, a 1056, and a L-156 Lawn Ranger. I also picked up a 63/64 round hood and fenders off his scrap pile. Straight, just a little surface rust. Nothing to put it on, but could not let it lay there, maybe someone needs it?

the 3 are pretty much complete, the 1056 has an HH100 Tecumseh in it. Not original I believe, but its the good cast Iron engine. Did WH ever use these?

past7971

The 1056 originally had a 10hp Kohler on it. The HH100 was used on Wheel Horses.

Kelly

Nice find, and someone was just saying they are getting hard to get cheap.

past7971

Ohhhhh listen to you Kelly, your probably still grinning over that 854 :thumbs: Sounds like you did real good there Drydock. There still out there just not as easy to find. Hiding on farm huh?--wonder if he had any of the PTO options for running farm equiptment? You might have to go back there and scrounge around a little more. And throwing roundhood parts in the scrap pile!!!!......... :whistle:

Drydock

He had impliments and drives,(Plow, disc and tiller) but was still using those. I got these for $150 each. Lovely dairy farm, with a large collection of machinery sheds and lean-to's, with an impressive pile of sheet metal, old engines, garden tillers, pumps and other detrius accumulated over the years. I saw the frame and unidrive that I believe went the hood and fenders, but both were broke up, half buried in mud and far too rusted to do anything with.

past7971

What do you mean "broken up, half buried in mud and far too rusted to do anything with" ??? You obviously don't realize the mentality of some of us on this group :thumbs:

Kelly

I've draged some home just to save a hub, and foot rest, and still kept the rest because you never know when you need that one piece you tossed out.

Drydock

Well, there were a couple of foot rests that could have been saved, but the frame and drive casing were starting to delaminate . . . :thumbs: