12Horse Paladin

Dozer/Snow Blade Help

12Horse Paladin

Hello everyone:)

It's been awhile; with me and forums it gets like that.

But the Fever is still with me....what with books/hubcaps/signs/etc.....I've always got something on the "List", that I just need to have, someday :lol:

This week, though....well I knew I wanted a blade, someday, FOR SURE....so now I have 2, lol.

I picked up the lot you see in one of the pics for $150. Hope I did well; talked him down $50 because I was pretty sure it wasn't all there for either.

The kicker is, found on CL....I missed a new in the box cab for $125:blink: by one day....shoulda just went, but thought I'd need help loading it all....sigh.

Anyways...I'm having trouble finding out if one, or both, will work, and what parts I will be needing. I know about the rear attatchment bracket; don't see it on either. I also know one is the older "A" frame; the other newer, but the different lengths throw me, too. The newer frame with the tag is 66 1/2" OAL; the older frame has no markings I find, and is 62". Both blades are the same @ 15 1/2" high and 42" long...does this make them dozer or snow blades? I think they'd work fine for either.

All the horses I'd use them on are 12Horse (of course, lol)....either a '92 312-8 or older C series (pre BlackHoods). To be honest, I doubt the shorter frame will work on anything I have currently, but for the price, I was happy to snag'em both....always good to have a useable excuse for another Horse on hand!

FWIW, I have tried searching in the downloads section for info, but have trouble navigating that part of the site. I'd like to restore these to original; stickers and all, so any leads to info would be appreciated, besides any personal experience/info you may have to share.

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail3.jpg

roadapples

Hard to tell on my phone but it looks like an extension has been added to the old style frame so it will work on newer tractors...

• Like 2

12Horse Paladin
22 minutes ago, roadapples said:

Hard to tell on my phone but it looks like an extension has been added to the old style frame so it will work on newer tractors...

Yes....I saw that added bit when I bought it, but forgot to mention it, here. Didn't know if it was a factory weld, or not. I s'pose that would decrease it's value some, or then couldn't be used on a short frame...? Maybe it could be removed if needed...I don't know. I am such a newb to all of this; taking some chances, and learning as I go. Wouldn't be the 1st time I got into a hobby and went about it/collecting things, backwards. lol. Thanks for bring that up!

gwest_ca

Blades at the time came in two packages. They could mix and match to the tractor model.

Click on the pictures

Garry

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Like Jay said, it looks like the short frame was extended.  But it is probably still too short to use on a long frame tractor.   My guess is it was still used on a short frame, but extended so the newer style axle bracket could be used.

You did good to get two complete snow/dozer plows , a draw bar hitch, and wheel weights for $150.   The only thing I see missing is a pair of blade trip springs.    :thumbs2:

• Like 3

12Horse Paladin
4 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

The only thing I see missing is a pair of blade trip springs.    :thumbs2:

Those are there; this is the only pic I have currently of it all, and when the blades were taken off so it all fit in my Jeep Cherokee, took out a different pin on each...the set you don't see is hanging attached to one of the blades...

12Horse Paladin

gwest_ca-(File Mod) .....thank you for those files :)

Wheelhorsetractor

I have a 42inch blade 6-4112 from Dayton Ohio that needs a new home that has the resr attachment.    Must pick up thou.