Jump to content
dclarke

Lawn Ranger for the grandkids #2

Recommended Posts

 
 

I’m surprised you got rid of the other one, but I’m looking forward to seeing your progress!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

:popcorn:

Looking forward to another great build !

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
9 hours ago, dclarke said:

I decided to paint the rims rather than powder them so I don't scratch them up when mounting the rear tires.

If you cut the fingers off an old pair of leather gloves and put them on your tire tools you will reduce the likelihood of scratching your rims.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
10 hours ago, pullstart said:

I’m surprised you got rid of the other one, but I’m looking forward to seeing your progress!

It was a good deal for both of us and it went to a good home. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Have lost the picture, but when I put an 8 speed in a Lawn Ranger I turned the hub to fit the wheel and tapped the holes. :twocents-02cents:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
3 hours ago, ol550 said:

Have lost the picture, but when I put an 8 speed in a Lawn Ranger I turned the hub to fit the wheel and tapped the holes. :twocents-02cents:

 

Good idea, Mike... I needed to shorten the axles on this one and cut new keyways so I’m having the axles turned down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

I finally got the axles back from the guy that turned and shortened them for me. The tranny's back together with new bearings and seals and I have modified the fender pan support and tool tray to fit the 8 speed and cut a slot in the tunnel cover for the hi/lo shift lever. Once I get done modifying the frame and tins I'll take it back apart to paint it. I considered powder coating this project but decided to stick with paint instead. 

DSC07399.JPG

DSC07400.JPG

DSC07403.JPG

DSC07405.JPG

DSC07407.JPG

DSC07408.JPG

  • Like 8
  • Excellent 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Looking good Denny :handgestures-thumbupright: Did you bead blast the differential and mushroom gear? look pretty clean

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
2 minutes ago, Shynon said:

Looking good Denny :handgestures-thumbupright: Did you bead blast the differential and mushroom gear? look pretty clean

Yes I did, Tom. Couldn’t stand the little bit of rust that was on it. Taped off the bearing surfaces first though. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Looks like another good project Denny.  You are probably going to get your second one done before I get my first one done.  I got to the point of trying to figure out how to do the brake band linkage and then other projects got in the way.  Make sure you take lots of pictures of that part.  

 

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
1 hour ago, dtallon said:

Looks like another good project Denny.  You are probably going to get your second one done before I get my first one done.  I got to the point of trying to figure out how to do the brake band linkage and then other projects got in the way.  Make sure you take lots of pictures of that part.  

 

Dave

Here’s my brake linkage, Dave. 

9C5F6C2F-148D-4735-A114-1C6E603C29AA.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
On 11/21/2018 at 8:40 PM, Shynon said:

Looking good Denny :handgestures-thumbupright: Did you bead blast the differential and mushroom gear? look pretty clean

Agreed Tom and just chiming in to follow... you decide to paint it pink Denny I have this little girl who thinks a pink tractor....:handgestures-thumbupright:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

After look Denny that seat looks pretty good shape.... thoughts? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
16 minutes ago, WHX21 said:

After look Denny that seat looks pretty good shape.... thoughts? 

That was a nice seat but I didn’t get it with the tractor. I may use an original seat pan for this tractor though. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
12 hours ago, dclarke said:

Here’s my brake linkage, Dave. 

9C5F6C2F-148D-4735-A114-1C6E603C29AA.jpeg

 

Pink...  clear coat...  you could make any color look good Denny!

  • Excellent 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
11 hours ago, WHX21 said:

Agreed Tom and just chiming in to follow... you decide to paint it pink Denny I have this little girl who thinks a pink tractor....:handgestures-thumbupright:

 

1 minute ago, pullstart said:

 

Pink...  clear coat...  you could make any color look good Denny!

This one will be painted red to replace the one I had for the boys... The next one will be pink though!  

DSC07432.JPG

  • Like 1
  • Excellent 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

The last few days I've been working on getting the running boards cut to size and mounted. I got the mounting brackets for those tacked in place, made some modifications to the belt guard then took things back apart to finish welding the brackets to the frame. On this project I decided not to use the original foot rests so I cut out the original mounting bar, moved the clutch pedal mounting rod back about 2-1/2" to the front of the running board and filled in the holes in the frame where the original bar was. I also wanted to be able to remove the 2nd clutch pedal and it's mounting bar as the kids get bigger so I had a bar made that is threaded and held in place with a nut.  While I had the welder out I welded a few nuts in place under the frame to run wire loom thru when I get to that point.  I still need to shorten the clutch pedal rod and make a rod to connect the two pedals. 

DSC07411.JPG

DSC07412.JPG

DSC07435.JPG

DSC07436.JPG

DSC07438.JPG

DSC07440.JPG

DSC07441.JPG

DSC07443.JPG

  • Like 2
  • Excellent 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×