bc.gold

Old TD6 on Blocks

bc.gold

Back in the day the fellow who owned this crawler improvised when the top rollers wore out.

These old International cats started on gasoline once the engine was warmed up switched over to diesel. I think this was made before the power shift was invented.

1.png

3.png

2.png

4.png

• Like 2

c-series don

I used to run an Austin-Western road grader that started on gas then ran on diesel! 

• Like 1

bc.gold
10 minutes ago, c-series don said:

I used to run an Austin-Western road grader that started on gas then ran on diesel! 

Austin Western did use the International diesel engine in some of the road graders.

• Like 1

The Tuul Crib

Would like to see some pics or videos of it running. That looks really cool!

:popcorn:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

JAinVA

Oak blocks to replace return rollers is not that unusual.Seen it many times on old 2cylinder JD  crawlers.I have seen a few with oak blocks as support roller replacements.That is one of the many challenges of old crawlers.The fixes people come up with to get one more job or season out of them is amazing.One of the reasons I like messing with crawlers is the very thing photographed.Way more than new tires and paint to get them up and presentable.JMHO. 

Edited by JAinVA
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Mows4three

My old 1936 JD model A was billed as a duel fuel tractor.  It started on gasoline then could burn fuel oil, diesel, distillate, natural gas condensate or jet fuel.   Ok.  Just kidding about the jet fuel.  I always ran it on gas.  

Cheers!

Dave

• Haha 1

WHNJ701

that looks cool just parked where it's at

Pullstart
11 hours ago, bcgold said:

Back in the day the fellow who owned this crawler improvised when the top rollers wore out.

These old International cats started on gasoline once the engine was warmed up switched over to diesel. I think this was made before the power shift was invented.

1.png

3.png

2.png

4.png

Is this a new project for you, or just some awesome pictures to share?  I guess wood is a much cheaper alternative to factory rollers or guides.  Nifty idea!

• Like 1

bc.gold
9 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Is this a new project for you, or just some awesome pictures to share?  I guess wood is a much cheaper alternative to factory rollers or guides.  Nifty idea!

Pictures were taken late yesterday afternoon, not my machine - open source share

• Like 1