Shawnbige3

Blower chute cable

Shawnbige3

Finishing touch's on my project mounting a old (1972) single stage to my 416. Like a dope I unraveled the chute cable and having a he'll of a time trying to put it back together.  Any help would be appreciated!!

20181019_135544.jpg

Edited by Shawnbige3

chris sutton

Not sure if this helps, I downloaded a manual for a snow thrower 6-9113 and this was in it,

Im putting a blower together from a box of bits and havnt got as far as the cable yet so I will be watching your topic

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Shawnbige3

Thanks, where'd you download that from. Mine is a 6-6212 couldn't find a thing for it, even contacted Toro. I did same thing as you only mine wasn't apart. I had to shorten and do some drilling on the blower frame to get to attach to quick hitch. 

chris sutton

Its on here under Wheelhorse manuals, on the right click on snowblower 

Shawnbige3

Thanks for your help just joined not to familiar with things yet. I added a picture to the post.

chris sutton

I'll load some more photos of mine and how far I've got putting it together 

• Like 1

cafoose

Check this out :)

• Like 1

Shawnbige3

Thanks I think I'll be alright now going to get a new cable at Lowe's and give it a go. Over the years don't think the blower changed much just the different mounts.

• Like 1

gwest_ca
6 hours ago, Shawnbige3 said:

Thanks, where'd you download that from. Mine is a 6-6212 couldn't find a thing for it, even contacted Toro. I did same thing as you only mine wasn't apart. I had to shorten and do some drilling on the blower frame to get to attach to quick hitch. 

Click on the picture

Garry

• Like 1

gwest_ca

Does you cable wrap around the crank rod as in the instuctions above or is there a spool on the rod for the cable? I think the instructions will be different for each.

Garry

• Like 2

peter lena

yes this cable can bee confusing, I found using some fishing line, to initially ,route and function check this , makes your job easier. the line is more supple ,and cheaper than the 1/16" cable you will finally use. you can check and verify your chute scan easily, then just replace with cable. also replaced the cable clamp screw ends with , electrical brass lugs, much more solid. just drill out the pop rivets, and bolt on the brass lugs, do not forget to lubricate all slide areas , making for a smooth solid chute turn. I also threaded the top of chute turn rod, and screwed on a 1, 1/2" brass threaded ball , for easier use. pete

Shawnbige3
15 hours ago, gwest_ca said:

Does you cable wrap around the crank rod as in the instuctions above or is there a spool on the rod for the cable? I think the instructions will be different for each.

Garry

It wraps around.  Wasn't difficult with a little direction.

20181020_111215.jpg

Shawnbige3
21 hours ago, chris sutton said:

Not sure if this helps, I downloaded a manual for a snow thrower 6-9113 and this was in it,

Im putting a blower together from a box of bits and havnt got as far as the cable yet so I will be watching your topic

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Directions were spot on. I left cable a little long in case the 7 wraps wasn't accurate but it was a perfect length.

20181020_111215.jpg

20181020_111225.jpg