Lost Pup

Kwikway Loader Belt Size

Lost Pup

Kwikway Loader on a 416h.

Well the old belt gave it up today just streched out and slipping. 

Measures out at 28 inches and 3/8 wide. Guessing its the wrong one from PO.

The pump bracket has two sets of holes for adjustment. The old belt is loose in the first set of holes but is too tight when the second set of lower holes on the pump bracket are used.

I see a few threads with a 30 inch belt length mentioned. 

Anyone have a current belt number known to fit properly ?

How about a BX27 http://www.biedlers-belts.com/gates-bx27-belt.html ?

Thanks Again

953 nut
8 hours ago, Lost Pup said:

How about a BX27

My loader is not a Kwikway so I'm not looking at the same pulley set-up, but the belt on mine is 1/2" which would be a 4L or A belt. The B belt you have listed is 5/8" and the PTO pulley is 1/2" and made for the A or 4L.

gwest_ca

Found a list of tractor models in the manual and the belt is 5/8" x 32" or a B29.

Click on the picture

Single stage long frame snowthrowers use a 5/8" x 69" belt so the pto pulleys must accommodate 1/2" and 5/8" belts.

Mower decks use a 1/2" wide belt.

Garry

Lost Pup

Just arrived an Amazon ordered selection of vbelts.  Local parts store were lost when asking and my favorite NAPA counter man retired.

I did a quick check and looks like i have a winner.  I will take pics and post info later today. 

I did try one of the Harbor Freight Link belts. I had one on hand for a table saw. The pump pulley width is 1/2 and the link belt is 5/8 so it sits well proud of the pulley. As stated the PTO pulley fits 1/2 and 5/8 so it fit fine there. The link belt was a good measurment tool and it did run the pump fine but the sides of the belt are well above the pump pulley groove. A good temp belt if needed. 

This actually solved another issue. I lent the loader to a neighbor to move 5 tons of topsoil. I never noticed that the belt was/ has been slipping under load say when lifting the full bucket.  Hydraulics move quickly when bucket was empty so it was not noticed. Last heavy work was pushing and piling snow last winter and thinking back of its uses since getting the loader it was under performing due to pump belt slipping.

i snugged up the HF Link belt for a trial loader run and well now it really works well. What a difference it makes. I now understand when other loader owners talk about lifting the rear end while lifting a load.

Waiting for daylight to get it done.

lynnmor

With the play in the hitch the belt can't be adjusted properly.  If you make it too tight the engine will be supporting the pump and sub frame, if you make the adjustment too loose of course the belt slips.  My solution was to replace the hitch and use the 5/8" belt.

Lost Pup

Finished up the loader belt today. The 1/2 wide 29" inch belts are a perfect fit to align to the first set of adjustment holes on the bracket. Using the upper set of holes with the 29 " belt gives clearance to the PTO hoop as the pic shows.

I settled on the Dayco AX27 belt. The 4L290 fit perfect as well. As installed and tensioned the pump has a full slot to adjust tension when needed. Thoughts and comments welcome.

1-DSC06910.JPG.fbbb72efb1b2b651202ba64928df9a2a.JPG

1-DSC06904.JPG

1-DSC06894.JPG

1-DSC06916.JPG

1-DSC06915.JPG

1-DSC06908.JPG

• Thanks 1