RandyLittrell

Anybody on Disability?

elcamino/wheelhorse

I am glad your disability was finally approved . Hope everything works out for you.

rmaynard

I'm glad you finally got approved. I'm sure that's a relief. 

RandyLittrell

Thanks guys, I had to dip into a little 401K money and was gonna have to do it again soon. Big weight off my shoulders!! 

Randy

Darb1964

I am on disability retirement have been for two years. I worked as long as I possibly could. I have M.S. So maybe that helped but I felt I should post this. My experience with ss was very good,I talked to the same person every time,she gave me her direct number if she didn't answer she called me back the same day. I did not need a lawyer the ss part was the easy part,getting my doctor's to get the paper work complete was hard part. They are just so overwhelmed with all the paper work for insurance companies. Healthcare was my biggest concern my company did not offer it when you leave. I get it from the state of MA.and it's the best insurance I have ever had.low premium and copays. Not rich but getting by. Planned on working to 65, loved to work,worked two or three jobs my whole life. Never thought I would be this disabled at 55 humbled the hell out of me. You never know what tomorrow brings,live for today.

• Like 2

Goldnboy

Glad you have been approved, if your attorney hasn't mentioned this you need go go to a local SS office and claim your kids for additional $$

RandyLittrell
5 hours ago, Goldnboy said:

Glad you have been approved, if your attorney hasn't mentioned this you need go go to a local SS office and claim your kids for additional $$

The office in Independence had no appointments so I have a phone appt for Oct set up. Soonest appt they had. Thanks. 

Randy