Chris1055

Dump valve stuck

Chris1055

Hi I have a 1974 c160 auto nice machine. Hydro runs strong but needs some adjusting. Just got done with the hubs they were loose they had the wrong woodruff key in them and had some wobble or it was just really worn. Nothing leakes and I put new fluid in it but I can’t get the tranny in neutral because the dump valve is stuck I don’t want to hurt anything. Any suggestions??

2BE1AA56-2B5D-42C4-965A-F5FDB05E5311.jpeg

pfrederi

If by "dump valve" you mean the tow valve pointed to by the decal on the back of the foot rest you do not need to open it to do the neutral adjustment...or what else did you want to adjust???

Freeing a stuck tow valve can be frustrating

• Like 1

Chris1055

I just want to push it. Without the tractor running. Yes the tow valve. I figured I’d get  that fixed first than go from there with the nuetral adjustment. I had the tow valve stuck on my by got 14 but it had a nut at the bottom of the valve I loosened that and the whole valve came out. I don’t like the fact the valve is so close to the chassis. Is alittle bit of a pain. That’s why I liked the gym 14 it was on top under the seat. Perfect access

KC9KAS

You may have to remove the tire and get ahold of the valve shaft with a pair of vise grips to turn it...or even do like the GT-14...loosen the jam nut.

• Like 1

daveoman1966

You MAY have to remove the left running board AND the rear wheel to access this TOW VALVE....  there is NOT a jam nut on it.

Find a small pair of locking vise grips...clamp it TIGHT onto the stem and give it a quick bump to turn the valve loose...the a flat screwdriver to remove it, if wanted.  

push valve.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1