Sign in to follow this  
jerrell

used the search no results

jerrell

:thumbs: put oil in the hydro on the GT1800 and used a drill to spin the fan and pulley, in the correct direction, but the pump does not seem to be picking it up, does it take a while for the pump to pick it up?? didn't want to spin it for to long for fear of burning something up...would loosening a connection help ??? :whistle:

Rollerman

Jerrel the Eaton 1100 Hydro is ment to spin at the same RPM as your engine crankshaft.

Unless you have a super fast electric drill....you may not be spinning it hard enough to prime?

Just make sure the oil is where it's suposed to be, fire it long enough to prime the pump & have the lift cylinder working...then shut it off & double check the hydro oil level again.

jerrell

:whistle: thanks stephen, i don't have the new engine on it yet so will take the other wh and use the pto to turn it and try again. :thumbs: i have an 8 speed i bought and was going to put on it but decided to use the hydro, may have to go to the 8 speed , and take the hydro apart to see what makes it tic, never been inside of a tranny may be a learning expierrence or a disaster :whistle:

Butch

Sorry. :thumbs: Thought you lost your money again. :whistle:

jerrell

:whistle: :thumbs: Hey Butch got it going, took the 175 and drove it up to the front of the 1800 , twisted the belt, (an old tiller belt) hooked it up to the 175 and let the clutch out,, spun for about 5 min, with me working the lift lever and she started working, also the axels started spinning, had me worried there for a min. thanks butch, NO PUT THE MONEY IN THE SAFE<<<<