Prbtractor

520h onan no spark

Prbtractor

I have an Onan p220g 1996 that stalled and won't start. It did it once and it restarted the next day , the second time it would start on starting fluid and run for a second. I left it till the next day and then it wouldn't even do that. I checked the spark and nothing, checked for power at + side of coil when I turned the key on and it is present also present while cranking. I check the neg side and the light flashes when cranking. Assumed it must be the coil so swapped it with a known working one still no spark, I pulled flywheel and there is a module on the bottom of the crank ( pickup or module? )  could that be bad or should I look elsewhere? Thanks for any help

520hC-120

I had a similar problem with my 520h except it died and had no spark. So no guarantees but it may be your problem.

So next to your battery there will be a connector connecting two wires to other ones. What will happen is it will get dirty and cause malfunctions. What I did is just snip the wires from the connector, and used just wire connectors to join them. Make sure that they are the same wires connected or I’m sure more issues will arise. Hope this helps.

B364EE7E-7874-447D-A24D-3F156BFA64B7.jpeg

0649E75B-BD82-4C5E-911F-EB92254EE5DF.jpeg

WHX??

520hc beat me to it but yes Check the nine pin connector they have been known to go bad and even give the intermittent problems. Same with the fuse holders.

• Like 2

WHX??

BTW :WRS:

• Like 1

Achto

:WRS:

WVHillbilly520H

This should help

IMAG4339.jpg

IMAG3111.jpg

IMAG4340.jpg

Prbtractor

Thanks guys.   I am heading out to play with it ,, let you know if I find a solution

• Excellent 1