TimH

M125 Stopped Charging

TimH

M125 Stopped charging the battery. Is there anything besides replacing the battery and cleaning cables that I should look at or test before taking flywheel off ?  Plus were is the best place to get a stator if I need one ?

Thanks !

IMG_0306.jpg

IMG_0305.jpg

Achto
2 hours ago, TimH said:

Is there anything besides replacing the battery and cleaning cables that I should look at or test before taking flywheel off ?

Before pulling the fly wheel, find the voltage regulator/rectifier. Unplug it & hook a tester to the two outside terminals of the plug. If you have AC voltage on the outside terminals with the engine running 1/2 throttle or above then your stator is fine. The center terminal on the plug to ground (batt - ) should show DC battery voltage with the key in the on position or engine running. If you do not show battery voltage here then there is a bad connection between the key switch and the regulator. If the above checks are correct then shut the engine off, plug the regulator back in & start the engine. At 1/2 throttle or above you should have 13-14 volts DC at the battery. If you do not then I would suspect a bad regulator/rectifier.

• Like 2

pfrederi

The regulator is in the front of the blower housing.  You have to remove the plastic Air cleaner cover to see it

InkedKohlerM12010_LI.jpg

• Like 4

TimH

Thanks pfrederi  and Achto  Found a wire broken, Solider and heat shrink . All working great now.

IMG_0309.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

Ed Kennell
2 hours ago, TimH said:

Thanks pfrederi  and Achto  Found a wire broken, Solider and heat shrink . All working great now.

Just want to add my thanks to all the :rs: members that are so willing to help keep these tractors running.

This one is a prime example of two members taking a few minutes to point Tim in the correct direction and possible head off a bigger expensive problem.  :thanks:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3