Detour

No power going to starter solenoid

gwest_ca
1 hour ago, Detour said:

Also when I turn key to start the volt meter goes all the to neg is that normal

Yes. The gauges are powered in the RUN position but you go past that to get to START where they are not powered so they take a jump.

Garry

• Like 1

Detour

I’m at a stand still. About the only ting I haven’t tried was the oil switch and parking brake switch could it be them ??? Wainting on a phone call from someone he nose 

N3PUY
55 minutes ago, Detour said:

I’m at a stand still. About the only ting I haven’t tried was the oil switch and parking brake switch could it be them ??? Wainting on a phone call from someone he nose 

Look at the "starter motor circuit" diagram...….. the oil switch and the brake switch are NOT part of the "start" circuit.

N3PUY

With a test light start at the battery and probe each connection along the wiring diagram.....  you must have the key in the "start" position.  

Detour

Not no this mower and  listening to owner I think the hole problem was the PTO in gaged. No marking tell on or off when I tried this before must had another safety schwitch  disengaged.  

Can some one tell me where the black long rubber hose from the air filter housing goes. Or doesn’t it just hang down as a hose clip Winthrop a very little small hole fitting

Detour

Sorry for the spelling. Working and texting. Just need help with the breather hose now I don’t think it was hooked to anything 

Kurt-NEPA
19 minutes ago, Detour said:

Can some one tell me where the black long rubber hose from the air filter housing goes. Or doesn’t it just hang down as a hose clip Winthrop a very little small hole fitting

Sounds like the hose that triggers the idiot light for a dirty filter.  It goes to a switch between the dash and the engine on the passenger side of tractor.  What usually happens is that the nipple on the switch breaks and the hose hangs down.  Won't hurt anything.

• Like 1

Detour

I think I see that small square box that the hose once went to that has two plung in wires that go to it.  If it was off it is now. 

If the problem wasn’t the PTO in gaged then it was a wire connection. Thanks to everyone. 

• Thanks 1

N3PUY

🙉