The Tuul Crib

What is it?

The Tuul Crib

I saw this ad on craigslist and the tractor looks in good condition but not sure what model it is. Says has very little use and has been stored inside .  The pictures aren't the greatest but this is what was on the ad. Any ideas ?

IMG_4661.PNG

IMG_4662.PNG

Pollack Pete

Judging by the tiny rear tires,I'd say some sort of vertical shaft engine horse.Maybe like a V-7 or something.

953 nut

200 series Lawn Tractor.

• Like 2

The Tuul Crib

Are these any good ? Collectible?

Pullstart

They are built tough, but to most are still considered a lawn mower.  There aren’t as many ground engaging attachments and the vertical shaft isn’t known for brute strength like the horizontal shaft engines.  I’d take a free one, but be hard pressed to buy one - but that’s just me.

• Like 1

The Gman

I have four 200 series tractors. Three 212's and a 257. The 212's have the smaller 19" rear tires. It's likely a 212-6. The steering set up on the 257 is beefier. They are Kawasaki engines. The dash lacks a number of the idiot lights that are on mine. The tins look in fairly good shape. Like pullstart  says 

1 hour ago, pullstart said:

still considered a lawn mower.  

But a tough one non the less. I have a blade for the 257 but haven't tried it yet. Of my 212's, two of them run and cut great the other is a parts tractor. Price wise, up here north of the boarder I payed 175, and 200 for the running ones. For cutting grass and pulling the utility trailer considering they are 25 plus years old.......... not bad at all. It's gotta run and drive good though. What would you pay for a "good" push mower???

• Like 2

Arthur England

Would it be a hydro with the only lever being under the wheel?

The Gman

All three of my 212's have the shift lever on the colunm. One is a hydro the other two are 6 speeds. One has a deck lift the other two don't. The 257 has the hydro lever on the floor.

The 12's have the tank under the hood so the engine is moved forward a bit.

Edited by The Gman

WHX??
2 hours ago, The Tool Crib said:

Are these any good ? Collectible?

Yes if taken care of . No not collectible by horizontal shaft standards. Yes if you are a vertical nut! :)

The Tuul Crib

I appreciate the input yall! I didn't recognize the regular trates of all the other 

series. Shift levers and controls and all. 

May have pass on this one. Only means more money for my other tractors!

• Like 1

WHX??
12 minutes ago, The Tool Crib said:

May have pass on this one.

Wise decision Crib. That sort of tractor is destined to be bought by a young couple just starting out with a tight budget.... and a larger yard to mow. Still a better buy for someone who likes to tinker than a big box cheapy.

Any of the vertical shafts don't get much screen time here on RS probably because they are not on too many guys bucket lists like a C-160 is. 200 series just aren't considered cottectibles, no offence @The Gman, due to the fact they were cheaper and just lawn and not lawn AND garden tractors. I do have a 200 series in a 16 HP flavor and it is one of my best mowers. I do take care of it and it serves me well. One thing about the 200 series is the ease of operation so very popular for the gals that like to mow. Funny how one doesn't see the 200's in the master product list?

Wheel_Horse_Products_Master_Model_List.pdf

• Like 1

The Gman

None taken 

1 hour ago, WHX20 said:

I do have a 200 series in a 16 HP flavor and it is one of my best mowers. I do take care of it and it serves me well.

Lighter duty for sure. A model quite worthy of the wheel horse name.

• Excellent 1