Paulragan

Commando / Briggs flathead

Paulragan

Hi all , considering putting a Briggs alcohol flathead in my 800, it's a full blown mod alcohol engine out of one of our race karts , just curious as to any pros it cons to this before I try it , I'm a total newbie to pulling ,the Briggs is a 5 hp flathead currently putting out 12-13 hp , be nice ...I'm a newbie lol , I do have the 8 hp that came in it 

RandyLittrell

Pulling is about torque more than HP. The little briggs will get a kart going but you need the cubic inches for pulling. Also you should check rules where you might want to pull. The have rules for size, rpm's and what fuel you run. 

Why don't you post up a pic of your 800 in the main thread, we love pics! 

Randy

Paulragan

I will ! I'll post some pics in am. I kinda figured the flatty was a poor choice but thought I'd ask, I've been racing snowmobiles and karts for a long time and have had a strong interest in pulling for years now, so it's time to start the ball rolling , thank you for the response ! 

• Like 2

Paulragan

There she is in all her dirty glory lol, that's as I found it up the road at my neighbor's, he's a wheel horse nut and hooked me up when I told him what I wanted to try .

KIMG0540.JPG

• Excellent 1

Paulragan

There's just something about these that I love.

KIMG0539.JPG

• Like 2

TonyToro

How has your progress been going on the pulling tractor? 

I just came across your posting. I agree with the others. You need big torque. Get the biggest engine for your class and the set your weight right. 

We started pulling last year. I am no expert but have learned ALOT by doing things wrong. Lol

We have a Raider 12, GT-1100 and coming Saturday a modified Raider 14.

Paulragan

Well I haven't made much progress lol , unfortunately this time of year I'm very busy with our pro stock drag sleds, a 1000 and 800 , I'll have a lot of free time in the spring , as soon as drag racing winds down it's ice oval time ....then on to the wheel horse ! There's a pic of our pro stocks and myself, pretty much anything with an engine we dabble in lol

received_509869706152869.jpeg

• Like 2