Sign in to follow this  
perry

1959 simplicity wonderboy 700...pics

perry

picked this up last year for free :thumbs: from a member at the simplicity club. the tractor was allready stripped down and the body panels primed. it was in pretty good shape before i started on it. also go a mowerdeck with it in good shape. i pulled it out of the shed last week and started putting it back together. here is some pics of it allmost done. still have to put the crome emblems on, finish and clean the seat, and button up the engine controls. anybody have a good way of cleaning old seat ?.

its a 1959 simplicity wonderboy 700 tractor 7hp briggs. the first front engine tractor simplicity made.

700_mower_pg2.jpg

MYDC0009-1.jpg

MYDC0027-1.jpg

MYDC0030.jpg

MYDC0047-1.jpg

MYDC0049-1.jpg

MYDC0051.jpg

MYDC0053.jpg

MYDC0055.jpg

MYDC0058-1.jpg

MYDC0059.jpg

Rollerman

Looking good Perry.

The rear tires are kinda interesting...kinda like the turfs Horse used in 1960.

stevebo

Perry,

I remember a guy tellling me not to restore one of those Simplicity machines rather keep it original... Looks great.

perry

Perry,

I remember a guy tellling me not to restore one of those Simplicity machines rather keep it original... Looks great.

i would have love to have keep this one original, but the previouse owner had allready sanded and primed the body panels. just the way the rest of the original tractor looked, it has been taken care of and in good shape.

tractor came from somewhere in new york. still has dealer sticker on deck. just the deck is packed away untill spring.

its painted dupli-color chevy orange-red paint # 1607. allmost a perfect match to the original simplicity orange. yep, original seat.

pic of my helper. the inspector-mouser dog. she was bummed, no mice to find in this one :thumbs: .

MYDC0033.jpg

Eriks Red horse herd

Nice looking machine! good friend of mine is a simplicity man and has one just like that. Mows and tills with it. Has a newer land lord and a broadmore but prefers the old girl over the others. He says that you can't kill her. Man is that seat origainal if it is its held up real good. Keep up the good work. LOOKING GOOD!!

Raider

Nice looking tractor. You might try Softscrub on the seat.

perry

Nice looking tractor. You might try Softscrub on the seat.

soft scrub might work , wonder about that bleach white stuff also ?.

TJ

Nice job. :thumbs:

Buzz

I don't know much about Simplicity tractors but I thought that this is what the Wonder-Boy looked like :whistle:

http://www.simpletractors.com/simplicity/n.../wonder_boy.htm

I was given a brand new snow plow for this type and gave it to a man from SE PA who had restored one for his daughter. The brochure that came with the plow said you could plow up to 2" of snow with it :whistle: Or use a broom....... :thumbs:

perry

yes buzz you are correct. but the early front engine model 700 tractors where also called the wonderboy 700. but with the confusion between the rear engine models, they dropped the wonder boy name on the 700 in late 59 or 1960.

my crome emblems have simplicity wonderboy 700 on them . must mean i have a early one :thumbs: . ill post pics of the emblems when i get them on.

stevebo

Perry,

I have a boat that I was cleaning up with scrub brush, orange cleaner etc and then my mife told me about this "magic eraser" by mr. clean that you get in the food store. Once you use that nothing else even comes close. It will brighten that seat to look like new. trust me and go get yourself one.

perry

i think the wife had that magic eraser to get crayon off the walls. worked good for what i remembered.

here is a cool ad.

old_simp_ad.jpg

69DEZ

Nice job Perry!! :thumbs: Be sure to Post finished picture's :whistle:

jusjeepn

Sweet!!! Looks awesome Perry! I didn't know the wonderboy was originally a tractor. I've had 3 of the tube frame style and still have a homelite (made by simplicity) I actually kept the homelite to make a "Grader" but I bought a grader blade for the horse. I still may make a grader...

Coadster32

Geat looking tractor! I have had good luck using fast orange (go-jo) and a fingernail brush to get stubborn stuff clean. Remember, it's not dirty, it's original :thumbs:

Kelly

That is looking Sharp, you might try Bleach white for tires, it does an awsome job, PS send me a pic of the spot where the points cover goes. see ya in a few weeks, or maybe sooner :thumbs:

perry

think ill try bleach white first and go from there. i had good results with the vinyl paint. i used it on the dash of my 79 blazer and it turned out nice. not sure how it would work on a seat my fat A@# will be sitting on.

i just noticed, kelly has passsed me up in post counts .

Kelly

And I didn't even try to pass you, but you've been busy building a cool tractor.

cowboy2420

I use Westley's white wall tire cleaner, it should do pretty good since it is for a white color and a rubber product at the same time...it's works good on all of the tires I've had to clean up. Looking at this at a non damaging product. :thumbs:

perry

took the 700 for the first ride today :thumbs: . the crome emblems finish it off. and still have to put the air cleaner on.

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

69DEZ

SWEET!! :thumbs:

oldandred

Perry is that orange over spray I see on the 854 hummmmm just maybe it would look good with a little around the edges kinda like flames then again I see you havent been mud riding yet or did you clean it off.

there a guy in NJ that had a beer keg mounted to the hood of his you could borrow it and mount it on the 854 now that would look good