USHorse

Engine Pulley Size - Please Verify

USHorse

What is the proper diameter of the engine pulley of a 8 speed 416 with a kohler engine.  Shaft diameter is 1 1/8. The one on the engine now is 4".  I was planning to use the 4" pulley on a predator 22hp transplant and want to make sure i have the correct size.  May have to buy used pulley as i have not been able to get it off the shaft.  I see some WH pulleys off of kohlers for sale that are larger than 4....like 5.25" so i began questioning the pulley size 

pfrederi

4" is correct for 8 speeds...hydros use larger pulleys

• Like 1

USHorse

Thank you.  I put a temporary 4" V pulley on the installed predator to line things up until i could get the OEM pulley off the kohler and began thinking i will leave this way for cruzing around,  towing and maybe this winters plowing.  But speed seems excessive.  It was not like this when the kohler was on the tractor.  Not sure why.  Anyone with ideas?  

pfrederi

Is you temp a 5/8" pulley??  if it half inch the belt would ride out further increasing your speed. Was the kohler top speed limit set correctly 3600??

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

USHorse

Ok...your 2 for 2 pfrederi.  :handgestures-thumbupright:.  Wrong type of pulley.  Thanks again.

• Like 1