Jay1775

Wheel Horse Raider 12 with 11hp Greyhound

Jay1775

Hello all.

last year I got a Raider 12 and it did not have a motor but it does have the PTO and it is complete. I do have a 11hp Greyhound motor used lightly I was going to throw in it for now and already have the shim for the PTO to fit on the shaft. I also built up the mounting plate to about an inch high to compensate the height of a K301 which originally came with the tractor. My question is, can anyone tell me

how tight the belt should be with the new motor wether the clutch is depressed and when it is not?

thanks for any help.

31EC6E66-AA93-4486-9A00-1573E7ED5CF9.jpeg

Edited by Jay1775
Add pic

Jay1775

FB0D9EDE-44D5-41F4-80DF-C0B25D12FC67.jpeg

953 nut

With the clutch feeling full spring pressure it should take slight force to flex the belt. The belt guard is your friend in keeping the belt in place and allowing you to clutch it without grinding gears.

• Like 2

Jay1775

Ok so correct me if I am wrong, the clutch needs to be let out fully and then check the belt tension to ensure it is snug or would need slight force to flex it, correct?

• Like 3

KC9KAS

@Jay1775 That is the way I read it!

Jay1775

I know this post was a while ago however I figured I would let you know how I solved us the problem. Since the metal tap on the belt guard had already broken off, I used a roller bearing and placed a slot to adjust the bearing to the belt and it works like a champ. I will post photos hopefully later. 

Thanks again.

• Thanks 1